Hi all. After spending a good amount of time with Android and her devices I decided to come BACK to iOS due to the hardware, OS, and app quality. I picked up two iPhones and an iPad Air with the intention of jailbreaking at least one of the iPhones to recover some of the customability I'd come to enjoy with Android.

Well, yesterday I went ahead and jailbroke one of the iPhones. An amazingly simple process compared to rooting and installing ROMs in Android. All seemed perfect. So perfect, in fact, that I decided to go and ahead and jailbreak the other iPhone and the iPad Air. Installed some tweaks and all was well. Or at least I thought so.

I noticed on the iPad Air that most of my Apps wouldn't launch all of the sudden. Tracked that down to a bad tweak. This morning I noticed the iPad wouldn't connect to its Belkin bluetooth keyboard and that the phone's touch interface seemed laggy.

Not one for any BS I restored one of the iPhones and the iPad to non JB stock and all is well. I'll wrestle with the remaining iPhone as a learning experience.

My question is if the aforementioned type of behaviour is to be expected with jailbreaking and people just live with it or are the issues really unique to me and perhaps some tweak I'd set?

I'm just trying to learn as much about jailbreaking experiences and such from you guys in order to help me get more savvy.
    01-27-2014 08:05 AM
    Welcome back to iOS. Jailbreaking is fairly easy. Some tweaks I recommend are BiteSms, Activator and Winterboard.
    01-27-2014 08:24 AM
    Thanks! I already have Winterboard and Springtomize 3, I investigate the other two you noted.

Sent from my 64GB Platinum 5s
    01-27-2014 09:07 AM
    Thanks! I already have Winterboard and Springtomize 3, I investigate the other two you noted.

After jailbreaking WINTERBOARD is the main culprit that makes the phone slow but what is the fun of jailbreaking without WINTERBOARD ? Thats why for performance and speed ( including customization ) I am using Nexus 4 along with iphone4 ( I use iphone4 for great sound - camera and ultimate picture clarity .)
    01-27-2014 09:19 AM
    After jailbreaking WINTERBOARD is the main culprit that makes the phone slow but what is the fun of jailbreaking without WINTERBOARD ? Thats why for performance and speed ( including customization ) I am using Nexus 4 along with iphone4 ( I use iphone4 for great sound - camera and ultimate picture clarity .)
    I can't install WB. It keeps crashing my phone. I'll install it only to uninstall it an hour or so later because of constant crashing.
    01-27-2014 09:50 AM
    I can't install WB. It keeps crashing my phone. I'll install it only to uninstall it an hour or so later because of constant crashing.
    What iphone do you have?

Sent from my iRiidium iPad Air LTE
    01-27-2014 10:19 AM
    I've noticed no negative side effects since jail breaking last week. No slow down either (5s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-27-2014 11:03 AM
    I've noticed no negative side effects since jail breaking last week. No slow down either (5s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I noticed more intolerable affects on the iPad Air than on the iPhone 5s'. The touch-lag may or may not have been due to the jailbreak but the non-jailbroken 5s seems to work just as expected now. However, the jailbroken 5s has all the jailbreak coolness to it now. I think I'll just leave one jailbroken and the other and iPad normal.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    01-27-2014 11:06 AM
    What iphone do you have?

Sent from my iRiidium iPad Air LTE
    5C
    01-27-2014 01:51 PM
    Found the problem. If your version of iOS is greater than 7.0 it won't work. Winter board hasn't been updated for iOS 7.0.4 yet.
    01-27-2014 08:05 PM
    Found the problem. If your version of iOS is greater than 7.0 it won't work. Winter board hasn't been updated for iOS 7.0.4 yet.
    Aaa ah!

01-27-2014 08:06 PM
    Winterboard works fine for me on my 5S iOS 7.0.4.

This post was made by Tiffany
    01-27-2014 08:15 PM
    I'm not taking any chances though.
    01-27-2014 08:19 PM
    Winterboard works fine on 7.04. I have no problems
    01-27-2014 08:40 PM
    Winterboard works fine for me on my 5S iOS 7.0.4.

This post was made by Tiffany
    Winterboard works fine on 7.04. I have no problems
    Winterboard has been updated for iOS 7 and arm64 but not everything works on iOS 7.

Saurik was actually thinking about abandoning winterboard cause of how much apple changed the UI in iOS 7.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-27-2014 08:54 PM
    Winter board is working for me. I just tried it out.
    01-27-2014 08:58 PM
    Lots of people said it was working properly so I gave it a go.
    01-27-2014 08:59 PM
    The problem with this jailbreak is most of the tweaks that other tweaks rely on have not been updated for iOS 7 cause apple change how something works or apple removed what the tweak hocks into.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-27-2014 08:59 PM
    Lots of people said it was working properly so I gave it a go.
    I uninstalled it. It kept crashing about every hour. Sucks too. I miss themes.
    01-28-2014 09:25 AM
    I uninstalled it. It kept crashing about every hour. Sucks too. I miss themes.
    It may be a twidget you have with it. I have two 5s' and an Air with Winter and they're working as prescribed.

Last edited by iRiidium; 01-28-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    01-28-2014 09:27 AM
    It may be a twidget you have with it. I have two 5s' and an Air with Winter and they're working as prescribed.

I didn't have anything installed at the time. Even with nothing it still crashed so I deleted it.
    01-28-2014 10:42 AM
    I didn't have anything installed at the time. Even with nothing it still crashed so I deleted it.
    That's very interesting. I wonder what the difference is between your and my iPhones that would cause you to get that behavior.

01-28-2014 10:57 AM