disable safari swipe "feature"

turdsamich

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a jailbreak tweak that disables the back/forward swipe on safari web pages? I really hate this feature as I always end up doing it by mistake and I have no problem simply tapping the back and forward buttons on the page. I havent found a tweak yet but I really want to be able to disable this feature (really should be available in ios by default)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You do NOT have to swipe the pages if you don't want to. You can choose to use the directional arrows instead.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to disable it. It's one of my favorite iOS 7 features. I've never done it accidentally. It's a pretty long swipe

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
As others mentioned it may come from JB soon with a tweak. But swipe is built into iOS 7 core, to replicate the same as you get on a Mac. They want users to feel like things work the same on all other Apple products...

Again it's a long swipe, so seems kinda odd you are having trouble with it, vs not trying to swipe at all.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand that, I want the feature disabled as I always end up swiping and going back and forward unintentionally.

I know what you mean; this happens to me every now and then. Instead of moving to the other side of the screen, I accidentally swipe back to the previous page. It can be annoying, but I still love the feature.

turdsamich

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As others mentioned it may come from JB soon with a tweak. But swipe is built into iOS 7 core, to replicate the same as you get on a Mac. They want users to feel like things work the same on all other Apple products...

Again it's a long swipe, so seems kinda odd you are having trouble with it, vs not trying to swipe at all.

It doesnt happen all the time but it happens often enough to be annoying.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
not any more its not (long i mean)
The app im making is pretty much useless with swipe :(

You created an account to reply to a thread with the last post taking place at: 01-24-2014, 01:02 PM

Spend more time debugging the app and less time reviving zombie threads pretty please

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal