Jailbreaking iPhone 5S

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
1. How do I jailbreak my 5S

2. If I jailbreak it will it crash/restart way more often than it does now?

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
1) follow the directions on evasi0n's web site.
2) depends... It can if you tweak a lot of stuff that conflicts with the iOS or other tweaks too much... it can... Doesn't mean it will.

eradicator2k14

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I jailbroke mine with ease...took less than 10 minutes total. Make sure that if you used OTA (Over the Air) updates to get iOS 7.0.4 to backup then restore in iTunes as new then backup then jailbreak. Takes a little bit but worth it to have a jailbroken iPhone.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My phone didn't crash much before the jailbreak but I haven't had any crashes whatsoever after and I have a lot of tweaks installed. That's why I'm so impressed by the 5s all of a sudden.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad I can't jailbreak anymore. My work uses real time jb detection so I'd get caught. Anyone know of a way around the real time detection?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone didn't crash much before the jailbreak but I haven't had any crashes whatsoever after and I have a lot of tweaks installed. That's why I'm so impressed by the 5s all of a sudden.

Your comment is really making me consider jailbreaking again. My 5S hasn't crashed since I deleted a bad app a week or 2 after launch & the fact that you're not having any afterwards is awesome! I do miss BiteSMS though. Is it still in Beta?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Your comment is really making me consider jailbreaking again. My 5S hasn't crashed since I deleted a bad app a week or 2 after launch & the fact that you're not having any afterwards is awesome! I do miss BiteSMS though. Is it still in Beta?

BiteSMS is still in beta but it's really stable.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to jb for the first time in like 3 years or so. I updated 7.0.4 via OTA so when I restore in iTunes am I supposed to setup the iPhone as new or is it ok to restore it from backup?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm using BiteSMS; it is still in beta but it's stable.

I say just give it a try!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to jb for the first time in like 3 years or so. I updated 7.0.4 via OTA so when I restore in iTunes am I supposed to setup the iPhone as new or is it ok to restore it from backup?

It's okay to restore from backup. Be sure to do that before jailbreaking though.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
So I jail broke it. It's crashed like twice, but it's been fine. The only thing that annoys me; my status bar shows EVERYWHERE (i.e the Camera App when it's open😭)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So I jail broke it. It's crashed like twice, but it's been fine. The only thing that annoys me; my status bar shows EVERYWHERE (i.e the Camera App when it's open😭)

Statusbarfix 2 bro

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about jailbreaking, however I also want to wait about a week for the iOS7 update (hopefully) to see what it brings to the table. Question; "if the update comes and I go ahead with the update, do I have any time to go back to the older iOS7 so I can jailbreak?" Other platforms gives you about a week to decide and since I'm fairly new to the iPhone and Apple I was just curious whether or not it's the same.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about jailbreaking, however I also want to wait about a week for the iOS7 update (hopefully) to see what it brings to the table. Question; "if the update comes and I go ahead with the update, do I have any time to go back to the older iOS7 so I can jailbreak?" Other platforms gives you about a week to decide and since I'm fairly new to the iPhone and Apple I was just curious whether or not it's the same.

Unless you have the SHSH blobs for iOS 7.0.4 you can't. You can't use blobs from another device so it will only work with yours.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

You think 7.1 will be out in a week?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh