Obviously,I'm a new member of this community and i signed up just now to get help having seen how problems are responded to on this forum.
    So the problem is..i was using my iPad 2 gsm normally on iOS 7 and i then jailbroke it,i installed quite few tweaks,(I'm abit above an average user) then one day the side slide button for mute and auto rotate lock stopped working,i thought a restore might help fix it. After restore the iPad wont pass the apple logo. I tried re-restoring both in DFU mode and recovery mode,the restore will be successfully but at the first boot of the iPad after waiting a few seconds at the apple logo it will flash off then turn on again continuously meanwhile itunes will pop up "Error 0xE800084 itunes cant connect to this iphone" yeah i know i have an ipad but it keeps writing iphone. Now the ipad is practically un-usable. I really need help as i use it strongly for study purposes. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 06:13 PM
    Welcome to iMore. I think you will need to take it to the Apple Store so they could take a look at it. Since it was restored after the jailbreak, the employees won't know that you jailbroke it. Good luck.
    01-17-2014 07:08 PM
    Welcome to iMore. I think you will need to take it to the Apple Store so they could take a look at it. Since it was restored after the jailbreak, the employees won't know that you jailbroke it. Good luck.
    Actually there is no any Apple store where i live. Is that my only shot?

01-18-2014 12:53 AM
    You lost me at "I'm a bit above an average user."
    01-18-2014 01:33 PM
    You lost me at "I'm a bit above an average user."
    Sorry if my english is not clear. What i mean is i kinda tinker with my devices every now and then,and i like to try out new things

01-18-2014 01:35 PM
    You could call Apple and see if you could send it in for repairs or if they are willing to give you a replacement.
    01-18-2014 04:09 PM
    I figured out that it wasnt actually the jailbreak that caused the whole thing,it might be the mute button that stopped working just prior to the incident. Though i wonder how possible that could be...

01-18-2014 04:40 PM