planning to jailbreak my mini but had it updated OTA. From what I read seems like I will mess things up if I perform the jailbreak I need to restore it from itunes first. But if I do the restore my files will be deleted. Is it ok if I back my files up,then restore using itunes, then do the jailbreak, then restore the backed up files?
    Thanks a lot!
    01-17-2014 04:57 AM
    I would recommend that you backup everything to iTunes and then do a restore. After the restore just restore from backup and then jailbreak.
    01-17-2014 07:36 AM
    I just went through this and this is what I did to get it to work (on my Mini):

Do a backup using iTunes.
    Restore as New using iTunes to iOS 7.0.4. This will get a nice, clean version of iOS 7.0.4 on your iPad Mini.
    Restore from Backup using iTunes (you are restoring the backup you just made prior to restoring as new. This will load all your iTunes apps)
    Run the jailbreak program.

Now, I'm not positive if it's better to Restore from Backup before or after running the jailbreak. I did mine before I ran the jailbreak and it seemed to work ok..
    3cit and sherlock like this.
    01-17-2014 05:06 PM

Restore as New using iTunes to iOS 7.0.4. This will get a nice, clean version of iOS 7.0.4 on your iPad Mini.
    Restore from Backup using iTunes (you are restoring the backup you just made prior to restoring as new. This will load all your iTunes apps)

Now, I'm not positive if it's better to Restore from Backup before or after running the jailbreak. I did mine before I ran the jailbreak and it seemed to work ok..
    Perfect advice
    01-17-2014 10:32 PM

You should do it before so it doesn't mess up the jailbreak somehow.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    01-17-2014 11:52 PM
    thanks!will try out.
    01-18-2014 01:57 AM