planning to jailbreak my mini,but my update was done OTA and as I've read it will mess us the jailbreak process. If I got it correctly I need to restore it first using itunes But if I do that I will lose my files and apps. Or should I backup files and apps then restore my ipad using itunes then perform jailbreak and afterwards restore the backed up files and apps? thanks a lot!
    elpiscola likes this.
    01-17-2014 01:19 AM
    I have an iPad mini that I just did the jail break on. I had done my update to ios7 OTA too....So yes, backup your iPad mini in iTunes first before you attempt anything. Once you have done that important step you can restore your device to 7.0.4 with iTunes and then reload your backup. Now you can begin the jailbreak procedure.
    01-17-2014 02:43 AM
    planning to jailbreak my mini,but my update was done OTA and as I've read it will mess us the jailbreak process. If I got it correctly I need to restore it first using itunes But if I do that I will lose my files and apps. Or should I backup files and apps then restore my ipad using itunes then perform jailbreak and afterwards restore the backed up files and apps? thanks a lot!
    You need to restore to a Back Up or to Set It Up As A New iPad Mini, and then use the latest Jailbreak from evasion.
    You then just install/download the app you want/need to you iPad Mini.
    01-17-2014 02:59 AM
    I have an iPad mini that I just did the jail break on. I had done my update to ios7 OTA too....So yes, backup your iPad mini in iTunes first before you attempt anything. Once you have done that important step you can restore your device to 7.0.4 with iTunes and then reload your backup. Now you can begin the jailbreak procedure.
    ith the latest Jailbreak from evasion you can Jailbreak with the OTA Update
    01-17-2014 03:01 AM
    Oh that's good news! Thanks for the update. Still a very good idea to backup still before you begin.

I'm sure that there are quite a few people that had to restore their iPhone or iPad before they could do the jailbreak. Well that will save a bit if time to not have to restore!
    01-17-2014 03:07 AM
    Oh that's good news! Thanks for the update. Still a very good idea to backup still before you begin.

I'm sure that there are quite a few people that had to restore their iPhone or iPad before they could do the jailbreak. Well that will save a bit if time to not have to restore!
    Still Restore, Back Up your iDevice before Jailbreaking, Just-To-Be-Safe
    01-17-2014 04:19 AM
    ith the latest Jailbreak from evasion you can Jailbreak with the OTA Update
    No you can't:

ipad mini 7.0.4 OTA jailbreak-imageuploadedbytapatalk1389963704.956391.jpg

That info is there for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 08:02 AM
    I just went through this and this is what I did to get it to work (on my Mini):

Do a backup using iTunes.
    Restore as New using iTunes to iOS 7.0.4. This will get a nice, clean version of iOS 7.0.4 on your iPad Mini.
    Restore from Backup using iTunes (you are restoring the backup you just made prior to restoring as new. This will load all your iTunes apps)
    Run the jailbreak program.

Now, I'm not positive if it's better to Restore from Backup before or after running the jailbreak. I did mine before I ran the jailbreak and it seemed to work ok..
    01-17-2014 05:04 PM
    No you can't:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389963704.956391.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	312.8 KB 
ID:	46170

That info is there for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    But thats what the latest update from evasion (1.0.2) was for, to fix the Apple Logo Rebooting on iPad 2 WiFi OTA Update...
    01-22-2014 02:21 AM
    I just went through this and this is what I did to get it to work (on my Mini):

Do a backup using iTunes.
    Restore as New using iTunes to iOS 7.0.4. This will get a nice, clean version of iOS 7.0.4 on your iPad Mini.
    Restore from Backup using iTunes (you are restoring the backup you just made prior to restoring as new. This will load all your iTunes apps)
    Run the jailbreak program.

Now, I'm not positive if it's better to Restore from Backup before or after running the jailbreak. I did mine before I ran the jailbreak and it seemed to work ok..
    If you want any apps and files with-in the apps you would need to Restore the Back Up then do the Jailbreak
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    01-22-2014 02:22 AM