Anyone experiencing drastic battery drain on iPhone 5s after Jailbreak?

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I had my iPhone 5s since November and i haven't complained on my battery life at all until i jailbroke it and ever since it has been draining the battery like crazy even if i'm not using it! This morning woke up at 100% charged over night at 7:00 AM and at 12:30 PM my battery was 28%/. I don't think this is normal and i also don't know if it's the jailbreak that's causing this or not. I was thinking that f.lux and Bytafont 2 might be the reason of the battery drain so i deleted them and i am still testing it now. Please tell me if you're experiencing the same thing and what did you do!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had my iPhone 5s since November and i haven't complained on my battery life at all until i jailbroke it and ever since it has been draining the battery like crazy even if i'm not using it! This morning woke up at 100% charged over night at 7:00 AM and at 12:30 PM my battery was 28%/. I don't think this is normal and i also don't know if it's the jailbreak that's causing this or not. I was thinking that f.lux and Bytafont 2 might be the reason of the battery drain so i deleted them and i am still testing it now. Please tell me if you're experiencing the same thing and what did you do!

Meanwhile you've been looking at your phone every thirty seconds to check the battery so your screen has been on, probably full brightness for 5 straight hours.
I literally did the same thing man, I feel your pain and I feel for you! I obsesses about my battery so much I eventually used a status bar tweak to remove my battery completely so I wouldn't worry about it so much!!!
If you research threads started by me you will find my battery drain thread.
It's probably all in your head!

MikeG7265

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
and THIS, ladies and gents, is EXACTLY why i do not stay jailbroken

thank you and goodnight.

Hmmm, I'm jail broken, been unplugged since 7am, it's now 10pm and I'm still at 52% battery. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well then you should know the old saying as well "pics or it didn't happen"

and i'm gonna need a screenshot of all your JB apps and tweaks - thx

MikeG7265

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
well then you should know the old saying as well "pics or it didn't happen"

and i'm gonna need a screenshot of all your JB apps and tweaks - thx

Unfortunately when you resorting it wipes the stats. Haven't found a battery stat tweak yet, really haven't looked for one. But here's my installed tweaks.
ve7y3ujy.jpg
2ubymu5e.jpg
y9egameq.jpg
8e4u5yhu.jpg
egada5y7.jpg
qesaqyge.jpg

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

That's a lot of tweaks, some of those can combine to drain battery. If I'm not mistaken Zeppelin used to drain battery a bit but I'm not sure if it doesn't currently.

MikeG7265

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
That's a lot of tweaks, some of those can combine to drain battery. If I'm not mistaken Zeppelin used to drain battery a bit but I'm not sure if it doesn't currently.

The thing is I'm not having battery drain. My battery lasts me pretty much all day. And I consider myself a moderate user. This is my first iPhone, and I'm very impressed with the battery life. Maybe I just got lucky. :)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The thing is I'm not having battery drain. My battery lasts me pretty much all day. And I consider myself a moderate user. This is my first iPhone, and I'm very impressed with the battery life. Maybe I just got lucky. :)

That's great! I enjoy being jailbroken and I have yet to experience a drain either. This is my third iPhone and I hope we both continue to be lucky.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Roshan KC

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I am using iphone 5c and experiencing same issue since last week. everything was fine though my phone was jailbroken. at first i thought that my settings was draining my battery much faster so i turned push notification for mail off, backgroung refresh off, bluetooth and location off, data and 3g off,moreover all off. then for testing i charged my phone to 100% last light around 12 am. i closed all my background apps and kept it in an airplane mode just to make sure whether that helps. but i got shocked this morning at 7 am to see that my battery level was 68%. i have no idea what else to try. i am running ios 7.0.6. so does upgrading to 7.1 solves this? but i don't want to updated my phone until and unless that is the only option i have.

jbmyiphone

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I Restored It By DFU Mode State After Done My iPhone 5S Was Fully Charge And At Least 84% Of My Battery But I Lose The Jailbreak When I Restored It So Pls Answer This Question What's Happening To My iPhone?:rotfl:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To test the battery itself for drainage problems, do this test. If the battery is ok, then there's something somewhere draining it. It could be a tweak, an app or extra usage. There's some who start using their phone more then complain about battery %. Some people need to turn that battery % in the status bar off. They obsess with it. Here's the battery test:

Your Usage time should be accurate to how much you've used it since you took it off the charger.
So here's the test: write down your Usage and Standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Every month there are some people who say that they have drastic battery drainage and they don't know why, I didn't check it but I think it's the most asked question why this happens and what to do. And it gets answered every time, but those people are to lazy to search for it...

-- enough hating :p --

I answered a similar questions some time ago, I quote myself here:

Comment:
  • To be honest... I really don't know why you have all the stuff on your device. Of course they're cool and some handy, but I would recommend you to use a app like Springtomize which gives you the ability to configure most of your device and IntelliScreenX, which is already installed on your device. Springtomize make a lot of your tweaks redundant, like NoPageDots, NoNewsIsGoodNews, InfiniFolder, HomescreenDesigner and lot more ;)
  • You can reduce the possibility for incompatibility and crash if you have less number of tweaks (from different developers) on you device.
  • Furthermore I wouldn't recommend to use iWidget and HomscreenDesigner, especially together. They're known for incompatibility with some tweaks and also led my device to a lot of crashes. If you still want to modify the Homscreen use Springtomize which give you really awesome features.
  • You also have a lot of different tweaks and themes which interacts with the lock screen. That's also not good, you should chose the one which is most important for you and not many together.
  • IntelliScreenX is still in beta and also crashes a lot on my phone, that's why I replaced it with LockInfo, which is 1000 times better but also have some issues because it's also a beta.

To summarize:
  • Use less apps/tweaks with a lot of features instead of many apps/tweaks with less features
  • Remove all tweaks, apps and themes which aren't important or really necessary
  • Use Springtomize and therefore remove all tweaks and feature you don't need anymore
  • If you don't need the all features of IntelliScreenX and just use it for something like displaying your calendar on the lock screen, then use simpler tweaks like "Calendar for Lockscreen"

I hope that helps you :)

And now specifically to the author of the thread Shmoham
I checked all your installed stuff and have to ask you:
Do you really need all of the stuff and do you know what the tweaks are doing?
It seems that you "just" installed everything which seemed cool to you.
Just ask yourself which functions are important for you and remove all stuff which is not needed. Furthermore as I quoted; do the 3 following things
  • Use less apps/tweaks with a lot of features instead of many apps/tweaks with less features
  • Remove all tweaks, apps and themes which aren't important or really necessary
  • Use Springtomize and therefore remove all tweaks and feature you don't need anymore
I can recommend you to remove some stuff and to replace a lot of your installed tweaks (with reasons):
  • Barrel (use Springtomize instead)
  • BioProtect (is cool, but do you really need that? I can image that this drains battery)
  • Bloard (unnecessary)
  • CCDesperator (use Springtomize instead)
  • CCClockOpenToAlarm (use CCToggles instead, offers the same and lot more)
  • CControls (use CCToggles instead, offers the same and lot more)
  • CCHide (use Springtomize instead)
  • Cloaky (unnecessary)
  • DismissSwitcher (really? don't want to be offended, but that's not necessary)
  • DockShift (use Springtomize instead)
  • Flat Notes (One of the most fitting comments from iDB to this tweak:"Probably the most useless tweak yet."- remove that)
  • HiddenSettings7 (use Springtomize instead)
  • Infinidock (do you really need that?!? Use folders or Activator menus instead
  • iOS 7 Cydia Icon (remove that)
  • Purge (use CCToggles instead, it has also this feature and lot more)
  • VoicemailRemover (that's ridiculous, why would you need this, are you starring at the phone app the whole day or why do you want to remove the button? -.-")
  • WinterBoard (drains battery a lot, but if you want to use it, then use less themes and not a lot of themes together or "moving" stuff)
  • Zeppelin (not recommendable, but if you still want to change the carrier and other stuff of the status bar use Springtomize instead)

Those are just examples, I would also remove most of the other tweaks which I didn't mention which is in your list, but that's not my cup of tea. Customize your device as you like ;)

--

PS: I see "Repo Icons" for "xSellize" and "SiNfuL iPhone" in your installed list... as far as I know that are repos with pirated/cracked stuff. I highly recommend you to remove the repo and all cracked stuff if you use them. I really hate pirates, so (if you use cracked stuff then) I won't help you anymore, just saying :/

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
There's some who start using their phone more then complain about battery %. Some people need to turn that battery % in the status bar off. They obsess with it.

Thank you for the advice, Ledsteplin ;)

That's right, it seems stupid, but just remove the % from your battery and stop looking at and thinking of the percentage the whole day. I know a lot of people who grab their phone almost every minute and check if they "lost" a percentage. Of course you will "loses" battery if you turn on the screen every minute and put it back (especially without pressing the sleep button and with a high auto lock time). If you use your device a lot then you'll also lose some battery, that's normal. If you have more apps, tweaks and processes then the battery will die earlier. There are a lot of stuff you can do to reduce the drain, e.g. removing stuff like locations services, background sync, parallax effects etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro