Can I backup a jailbroken iPhone to iTunes?

sclambe

May 18, 2012
Visit site
My phone is already jailbroken. I would like to know if it is still ok to backup to itunes? And will it affect my data in my backup? Thanks

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
My phone is already jailbroken. I would like to know if it is still ok to backup to itunes? And will it affect my data in my backup? Thanks

I have been backing up a jailbroken iPhone (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, and now 5S) for several years and never found any problems with my iTunes backup. It's my understanding that iTunes backs up certain files and folders on your iPhone and jailbreak data is not seen or backed up in general. There are some apps that deliberately make a folder in a place that iTunes will backup (such as backup programs that keep a package for restoring later if you have to do a restore) but generally the jailbreak data is ignored. I have had to restore iPhones and used my iTunes backup files and never had a problem with that process. I also did a restore early after jailbreaking with iOS7 using evasi0n 1.01 and had no problem with that process. Hope that is helpful.

unoiace

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
So when backing up an jailbroking back up we can restore and the jail broke will be gone? Like if we wanted to update our phones? Just back up then update right?

PteJoker

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, brand new to this jail break thing and this site. Great forum from the small list I have time to read from so far and answered a few of my burning questions. I don't know anyone with a jailbroken device so Google has been it for me for building education and trust with Cydia.

As you know 7.1.2 came out yesterday, I would like to take the plunge and loose my Cydia Virginity to Pangu 1.1

So just a couple questions:

1/ Anyone see any issues with using Pangu, is she safe, can I trust her with my health? I heard about pirate software being installed but believe this is no longer an issue.

2/ Does an update invoke a restore (loose jailbrake)? ie 7.1.1 to 7.1.2

3/ So when we have to restore a phone we loose all the jailbrake apps, does that mean that anything stored is lost forever or is there a Cydia backup function? (with exception of apps that store data in "backup'able areas" as mentioned on this thread)

4/ Last question relating to batt consumption for apps. I was told by apple support I have a corrupted app which is sucking the life force out of my batt. Apples answer was to start from scratch which really Pxxx me off. Anyway my ph dies very quickly and I am always closing apps down, have removed gps location ability from all but a few necessary and deleted all apps which I don't really use with no success.

I went back to factory and used it for a few days and the damn thing lasts for ever I was so amazed and overjoyed, I ran torch, and played YouTube, left on a few gps apps, FB and every time it went to 1% before switching off and took quite a long time. So I agree there is a bad app or two.

My question is, can anyone recommend an app on Cydia that monitors the batt usage for individual apps? There maybe one on Apple store but I have not been able to find it.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner