I recently had to restore and rejailbreak my 5s. I'm looking to find the best free apps to backup my apps and tweaks. Anyone know of any good ones?
    01-12-2014 07:37 PM
    There are several in Cydia...
    01-12-2014 07:45 PM
    There are several in Cydia...
    Figured that much. Posted here to get other opinions. You close this if you'd like. Found my answer.
    01-13-2014 07:57 AM
    Figured that much. Posted here to get other opinions. You close this if you'd like. Found my answer.
    I know that you didn't get the answer that you're looking for but what backup did you find?
    01-14-2014 06:37 AM
    I know that you didn't get the answer that you're looking for but what backup did you find?
    OpenBackup. Really easy app. Just hit backup and it's done. I emailed it to myself using iFile and saved a copy to my desktop and dropbox
    EmceeGeek and sherlock like this.
    01-14-2014 11:46 AM
    Does this work with arm 64 on iphone 5s?
    01-14-2014 01:03 PM
    Does this work with arm 64 on iphone 5s?
    Yes it does. I have a 5s
    01-14-2014 02:24 PM
    Yes it does. I have a 5s
    Have you tried to restore and see if it works?
    01-14-2014 02:39 PM
    Just emailed the developer who sent back a very fast reply that both backup and restore work on his 5S. I used to use PkgBackup but found that it appeared very robust but seemed flaky or inconsistent when I had to restore. The backup part is important but it's the ability to effectively restore that I find is often lacking in "backup" programs.
    yungskeeme likes this.
    01-14-2014 03:15 PM
    Got more info from developer of OpenBackup who told me he's updating the look of the app to full screen and iOS 7 in appearance when I asked about that. Though just asthetic, we also discussed new features and he shared:

"I'm working on a few features, including the option of other cloud services, an interface for making backups of any file on the device, and options for removing stuff from the backup. Backing them up elsewhere manually will work for now as long as you remember to put them exactly where they were before using them."

Sounds interesting and look forward to seeing next version.
    sherlock likes this.
    01-14-2014 03:58 PM
    I've used pkgbackup but haven't needed to restore on my 5s so I can't confirm it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 10:49 PM
    I also use pkg backup but haven't had to restore. All the backups do save to Dropbox though. I still have backups on there from previous iPhones throughout the years.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-20-2014 05:34 AM
    Has anyone had success using one of these backups before upgrading a device from iOS 6 to iOS 7, then restoring?
    01-22-2014 11:40 AM
    How long does your backup take? I used to us pkg backup but in iOS 6 it starting backing up forever and never finishing. I just tried it again with iOS 7 on an iP5S and same problem... just says it's backing up for 30 minutes but never finishes. I'm not using a cloud services and I only have it backing up Cydia apps, not all app store stuff so I'm uncertain why this is happening if it's the "new normal" for this app?

I also use pkg backup but haven't had to restore. All the backups do save to Dropbox though. I still have backups on there from previous iPhones throughout the years.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-22-2014 12:12 PM
    Has anyone had success using one of these backups before upgrading a device from iOS 6 to iOS 7, then restoring?
    I would be careful doing that just in case it restores something no longer compatible.

01-22-2014 01:24 PM
    How long does your backup take? I used to us pkg backup but in iOS 6 it starting backing up forever and never finishing. I just tried it again with iOS 7 on an iP5S and same problem... just says it's backing up for 30 minutes but never finishes. I'm not using a cloud services and I only have it backing up Cydia apps, not all app store stuff so I'm uncertain why this is happening if it's the "new normal" for this app?
    I have had long wait times for backing up to but it'll finish if I just backup cydia apps. Thing is you it has all this extra crap turned on like the way the springboard is set up. Settings for certain things. I have it backing up to box (got the free 50 GB from just using the phone app) and it did in fact finish. Maybe cause you're backing up straight to internal memory it's taking longer.

01-22-2014 01:27 PM
    I accidently installed an older version of PKG removed it installed the new version and all it does is crash right after it opens. Any suggestions on why that is or how to fix it???
    02-27-2014 09:32 AM