Jailbreaking and Corporate Policy

Ecologic

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
HI All,

I have a very simple question. With the new 7.0 Jailbreak, is it easy to reverse if I ever need to?

My company tech policy doesn't permit Jailbreaking, so I intend on removing company email from my phone and simply access it using my iPad. This sounds good right now, but I want the option to go back to stock if I decide I can't be without work emails on my phone. I do have experience with jailbreaking, and easily reverted my 4s back to stock a year or so ago. I just want to make sure the process for undoing the JB is simple.

Last question, my primary reason for jailbreaking is for the wi fi hotspot, so I want to make sure that is still available on Cydia (I'm on sprint if it makes a difference). Thanks,

Chris

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Reverting back to stock is just as easy on iOS 7. What type of data plan is ur iPhone on? You should have personal hotspot available to you without jail breaking.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1389552201.947526.jpg
MiWi I don't believe is updated for iOS 7 yet, that is the jb tweak that's let's u tether

Ecologic

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have unlimited data with Sprint. Sprint charges $19.99 more a month for a hotspot with a data cap. I find that to be a rip off, when I already have unlimited data on my phone (so what does it matter if it's my iPad using it?). When I was jailbroken on my 4S I had app (found on Cydia) that let me have the hotspot for free. (Maybe MyFi? I thought I had one that was only $.99 or something.) This article seems to state it is updated: MyWi 7.0 For iOS 7 Released: Features All New Design, 5GHz WiFi Tethering And More | Redmond Pie

Anyway, thanks for all the tips.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Also as an FYI. I also can't be jail broken to get work emails. I used to use the Good app the company gave me. That doesn't work while jail broken so I just use the outlook app and still get work emails but they don't know I'm jail broken. Just take off the signature saying email is from outlook app and no one knows where it came from. Good luck

Ecologic

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I just jailbroke it and everything went smoothly. I went ahead and bought MyWi but it doesn't appear to be downloading in Cydia. It says it is Queued, but it has been that way for a while. Any suggestions?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just jailbroke it and everything went smoothly. I went ahead and bought MyWi but it doesn't appear to be downloading in Cydia. It says it is Queued, but it has been that way for a while. Any suggestions?
Wait... There may be server overload.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have unlimited data with Sprint. Sprint charges $19.99 more a month for a hotspot with a data cap. I find that to be a rip off, when I already have unlimited data on my phone (so what does it matter if it's my iPad using it?). When I was jailbroken on my 4S I had app (found on Cydia) that let me have the hotspot for free. (Maybe MyFi? I thought I had one that was only $.99 or something.) This article seems to state it is updated: MyWi 7.0 For iOS 7 Released: Features All New Design, 5GHz WiFi Tethering And More | Redmond Pie

Anyway, thanks for all the tips.

At the risk of thread crapping (and being flamed) ... you are paying for unlimited data ON YOUR PHONE... NOT on every device you own. Circumventing controls to get for free what a company is selling is theft.

You are not paying for data on your iPad... so THAT’s what it matters.

Ecologic

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
At the risk of thread crapping (and being flamed) ... you are paying for unlimited data ON YOUR PHONE... NOT on every device you own. Circumventing controls to get for free what a company is selling is theft.

You are not paying for data on your iPad... so THAT’s what it matters.

You won't be flamed by me, but Sprint is evidently different than other carriers in that the sprint rep I was speaking to regarding adding a hotspot told me if I had an Android phone or if I jailbroke it wouldn't cost anything.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks Keith. Cydia gives me a Note a the top that reads: The requested modifcations cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts etc., is that okay? i

It should give you a list of dependencies. In past versions of Cydia, this has appeared in a red box. You'll never want to just "wait" if it says it's in the queue. Cydia doesn't queue things based on server backlog. Instead, the download will fail in those cases and bring you back to the install page.

Until you install the dependencies, you can't run MyWi. If I had to guess, it wants you to get Mobile Substrate (now called Cydia Substrate) before it'll download.

Ecologic

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
It should give you a list of dependencies. In past versions of Cydia, this has appeared in a red box. You'll never want to just "wait" if it says it's in the queue. Cydia doesn't queue things based on server backlog. Instead, the download will fail in those cases and bring you back to the install page.

Until you install the dependencies, you can't run MyWi. If I had to guess, it wants you to get Mobile Substrate (now called Cydia Substrate) before it'll download.

You were exactly right. I some how figures it out on my own last night, but had I not your advice is what was needed. I'm up and running now, and happy to be JB once again.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You won't be flamed by me, but Sprint is evidently different than other carriers in that the sprint rep I was speaking to regarding adding a hotspot told me if I had an Android phone or if I jailbroke it wouldn't cost anything.

I want to know... Why would the Sprint rep tell you that??? They could get fired.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner