The server is under maintenance, therefore the host unreachable error. When it comes back online you should be able to update with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Thanks, any idea how long it would take until the sever is back online?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
    01-04-2014 09:11 PM
    Thanks, any idea how long it would take until the sever is back online?

It could be a few days, Saurik has a lot of work to do on it to make it ready for ios 7. I'm not him so I can't give you a definite time it will be back up fully functioning

01-04-2014 09:12 PM
    It could be a few days, Saurik has a lot of work to do on it to make it ready for ios 7. I'm not him so I can't give you a definite time it will be back up fully functioning

Oh well, waiting it is. Thanks again (:

01-04-2014 09:13 PM
    I tried to jailbreak this morning just stayed in apple symbol put in dfu mode went back to normal can I try it again and if fails do the dfu mode thing ? its not going to brick the phone right ?
    01-04-2014 09:35 PM
    I tried to jailbreak this morning just stayed in apple symbol put in dfu mode went back to normal can I try it again and if fails do the dfu mode thing ? its not going to brick the phone right ?
    Start a new thread it'll be more helpful and more people can help you. And no it won't brick the phone if DFU mode fails.

01-04-2014 09:36 PM
    I was facing the same issues ....... But yesterday I tried with diff carrier and it helped me..
    Attached Thumbnails Help with iPhone 5s jailbreak-photo.png  
    01-05-2014 01:06 AM
    My suggestion just try it once with Vodafone Carrier doesn't matter 2g or 3g network ! On 2g it will take 8-10mins to refresh !! ( keep your device alive )
    Once it done upgrade your phone then later you can use with any carrier even airtel broadband and everything work fine ! whenever you install tweaks & apps by apt.saurik.com try not to use AIRTEL network !

hope it will help you folks
    01-05-2014 01:16 AM
    HARD RESET is required !!
    01-05-2014 01:18 AM
    My suggestion just try it once with Vodafone Carrier doesn't matter 2g or 3g network ! On 2g it will take 8-10mins to refresh !! ( keep your device alive )
    Once it done upgrade your phone then later you can use with any carrier even airtel broadband and everything work fine ! whenever you install tweaks & apps by apt.saurik.com try not to use AIRTEL network !

hope it will help you folks
    Arpan. I don't understand, if Saurik's repo is under maintenance then by using a different operator, how is it going to work?
    There is something definitely wrong here. If the repo is under Maintenance, there is NOTHING that can make it work till the time the repo isn't back up again.

01-05-2014 03:00 AM
    apt.saurik.com is not under maintenance those whoever said this is WRONG... it's working properly !!

Arpan. I don't understand, if Saurik's repo is under maintenance then by using a different operator, how is it going to work?
    There is something definitely wrong here. If the repo is under Maintenance, there is NOTHING that can make it work till the time the repo isn't back up again.

01-05-2014 05:17 AM
    apt.saurik.com is not under maintenance those whoever said this is WRONG... it's working properly !!
    Scroll up and read DroidArmy's response.

01-05-2014 08:04 AM
    Help with iPhone 5s jailbreak-img_1320.png

Same Problem. Though I am on An iPod Touch and use Wi-Fi.. But I Fail To Understand 1 thing that if the repo's server is down then how come it is working fine for others but not for me and you and some specific people?? O.o
    01-05-2014 12:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1320.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	45455

Same Problem. Though I am on An iPod Touch and use Wi-Fi.. But I Fail To Understand 1 thing that if the repo's server is down then how come it is working fine for others but not for me and you and some specific people?? O.o
    Yeah exactly I just don't understand man.

01-05-2014 12:39 PM
    Still have no luck. Any ideas anyone?

01-06-2014 03:45 AM
    Still have no luck. Any ideas anyone?

If you have ifile installed:

Open this link in safari on you iOS device:

http://cydiaupdates.net/pkg/mobilesubstrate

Then tap on the version number that is underlined it should start downloading the deb file. Then tap open in ifile in the top right corner. Then when it opens in ifile tap installer from the popup menu or tap on the file to bring up the popup menu.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    01-06-2014 10:38 AM
    If you have ifile installed:

Open this link in safari on you iOS device:

http://cydiaupdates.net/pkg/mobilesubstrate

Then tap on the version number that is underlined it should start downloading the deb file. Then tap open in ifile in the top right corner. Then when it opens in ifile tap installer from the popup menu or tap on the file to bring up the popup menu.

I don't have Ifile that's the big problem!

01-06-2014 10:39 AM
    Also, the link leads to apt.saurik. A page that does not seem to load on 3G and neither does it load on my wifi

01-06-2014 10:43 AM
    I don't have Ifile that's the big problem!

The dependencies for ifile are in saurik's repo aren't they...

Can someone Dropbox or email the file to me please?

The dependencies for ifile are in saurik's repo aren't they...

sadly, you're correct. but if i get the .deb file i can try to terminal install the file from my mac
    01-06-2014 10:45 AM
    sadly, you're correct. but if i get the .deb file i can try to terminal install the file from my mac
    Without the dependencies ifile would probably crash. I'm not sure if terminal will work for cydia substrate though cause the phone has to reboot/respring after installing it.

I have to say that with the info in this thread is seems like saurik's repo is somehow being "blocked" where you are.

01-06-2014 10:53 AM
    that could be true, but why...
    01-06-2014 10:58 AM
    you were right! it is blocked in India. I just used TunnelBear to access apt.saurik.com from the United States and it loaded. OMG i hate this. idk what to do, any idea how i can use tunnel bear on ym iPhone?
    01-06-2014 10:59 AM
    Yes i fixed it all
    01-06-2014 11:04 AM
    Dude its up and running again 😊
    01-06-2014 01:36 PM
52 123