So are we good with the new JB and MS? [iPhone 5s]

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Just my two cents but battery drain is non-existent for me. The status bar issue is fixed by downloading tweak statusbarfix. Only have had two reboots in a week. That's very normal.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL every iPhone I've had I've jail broken have had no problems each time.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
That happens to me all the time. I decide "ok I'm gonna jailbreak" and 5 minutes later I think of the pros and cons and talk myself out :/

my OCD is far more sinister than this.. i will actually jailbreak and get all of my favorite tweaks set up and all will be good

until... boom "that's strange, i used 5% battery in the last 2 minutes??".. "why did my screen just flash for no reason?" THATS IT. IM GOING BACK TO STOCK! ... a week later i'll be reading iDB and see an awesome tweak that just came out.. "i gotta JB and get that on my phone!"

(rinse & repeat)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
i hear ya. it's the potential battery drain and little glitches that get me every time.. it will happen. AND of course the fact that once the new OS is out we cannot restore back to the desired OS to JB again (correct?)

i think i am starting to talk myself out of it now

I talk myself out of it all the time, right up until I need to leave an app to reply to a text :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
my OCD is far more sinister than this.. i will actually jailbreak and get all of my favorite tweaks set up and all will be good

until... boom "that's strange, i used 5% battery in the last 2 minutes??".. "why did my screen just flash for no reason?" THATS IT. IM GOING BACK TO STOCK! ... a week later i'll be reading iDB and see an awesome tweak that just came out.. "i gotta JB and get that on my phone!"

(rinse & repeat)

I've already done this about 4 times with my 5S since the jailbreak came out :D

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I"ve got a jailbroke 4s on iOS6.1 and told myself I would not update to iOS7 until/unless a jailbreak came out. Now that it has, I've yet to convince myself to update to iOS7 and jailbreak, especially with all the issues.

There are just too many cool JB tweeks that I have that I couldn't live w/o, such as:

Activator
Appinfo
iFile
Auxo
BrowserChooser
BytaFont
color keyboard
iBlacklist
IntelliScreenX
Pandora Downloader
Songza Downloader
Sb Settings
Spingtomize 2
various options to change icons, lockscreens, etc.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well. you're clearly a jail breaker, so you better jump on 7.0.4 now and jailbreak while you can!
this whole "early release" nonsense PROBABLY killed another untethered jb for the entire life of iOS 7… o you might as well get it while you can. I sat on 5.1.1 for all of ios6 and until the jb for 7. I wish i had jumped to 6 when i could, but like you i said "things are good where i am"…

Also as far as stability, I've been hammering my phone with cydia packages that aren't ready for 64 bit, and i haven't even been in safe mode yet. no issues. so a jailbreak just for bite is probably not a bad idea. and mywi, cuz tethering when you can have LTE speeds is actually useful.

Last edited:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Logically I can live without the tweaks mentioned in this thread.

Doesn't mean I don't want them!

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

That's not exactly logic. One could just as easily say it's illogical to use the less efficient method. If the efficient method involves installing the tweak, it'd be illogical not to use the tweak.

It's not logic telling you which way to go. :p

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That's not exactly logic. One could just as easily say it's illogical to use the less efficient method. If the efficient method involves installing the tweak, it'd be illogical not to use the tweak.

It's not logic telling you which way to go. :p

My Logic has valet reasoning behind it

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73