So are we good with the new JB and MS? [iPhone 5s]

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i mainly want biteSMS. so if all is good and bugs are worked out, i am seriously considering jailbreaking again

also wondering how stable the beta biteSMS is holding up

TIA

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My jailbreak went fine haven't been able to use bite since it's not updated for 5S yet :(. Pretty much the only thing I jail broke for that and color keyboard.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Got 5s for a Christmas gift, was stock for all of the time it took me to activate the phone then switch lines?
Jailbreak has been pretty rocky since then. Only had F.lux working for a while. Did the plist editing and creation for hidden system settings, Then saurik released cydia substrate and my mail and Safari stopped working so I had to restore. Bite is still a no go. I have it installed but it doesn't appear anywhere. I know it's not updated for 64 bit yet, but I figured I would try.
Remembering what I remember about you, you should jailbreak for the month until 7.1 is released? then go back to stock!
For the week I was jailbroken but tweakless I didn't miss much. (iOS 7 is real good)
I REALLY miss bite though, can't wait for that.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Got 5s for a Christmas gift, was stock for all of the time it took me to activate the phone then switch lines…
Jailbreak has been pretty rocky since then. Only had F.lux working for a while. Did the plist editing and creation for hidden system settings, Then saurik released cydia substrate and my mail and Safari stopped working so I had to restore. Bite is still a no go. I have it installed but it doesn't appear anywhere. I know it's not updated for 64 bit yet, but I figured I would try.
Remembering what I remember about you, you should jailbreak for the month until 7.1 is released… then go back to stock!
For the week I was jailbroken but tweakless I didn't miss much. (iOS 7 is real good)
I REALLY miss bite though, can't wait for that.

yeah you're right lol

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw the subject now, oops.

It's supposed to be updated for the 5s within a week. They've put out a few updates over the past few days. I'd imagine he's working on getting things stable for iOS7 before adding the extra fun of modifying it for the 5s. But, the frequent updates show he's keeping busy with it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I saw the subject now, oops.

It's supposed to be updated for the 5s within a week. They've put out a few updates over the past few days. I'd imagine he's working on getting things stable for iOS7 before adding the extra fun of modifying it for the 5s. But, the frequent updates show he's keeping busy with it.

Yeah 4 beta releases in a few days. I would say very busy LOL.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Pandora downloader works on 64bit?
As far as I can tell, not sbsettings and yeah Martin at bite says 64bit 1st week of January

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
i mainly want biteSMS. so if all is good and bugs are worked out, i am seriously considering jailbreaking again

also wondering how stable the beta biteSMS is holding up

TIA

I am in the same boat... If you do it let me know.

I might bite the bullet and JB again also.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
JB is interesting me I eventually got to try it. Logic tells me you don't need it but curiosity tells me different

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm super excited now cause I saw on twitter there is a tweak coming out called BioProtect that's going to let us use TouchID for apps and the task switcher.

LasPecas

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thinking all day about jailbreaking or not

Pro

- bite sms
- LockInfo 7
- Cydia's new design
- tweaks getting updated for arm64
- great touch id tweaks

Contra

- black statusbar issue
- possible battery drain
- evaders china behavior
- crashes/bugs that result in restore

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thinking all day about jailbreaking or not

Pro

- bite sms
- LockInfo 7
- Cydia's new design
- tweaks getting updated for arm64
- great touch id tweaks

Contra

- black statusbar issue
- possible battery drain
- evaders china behavior
- crashes/bugs that result in restore

i hear ya. it's the potential battery drain and little glitches that get me every time.. it will happen. AND of course the fact that once the new OS is out we cannot restore back to the desired OS to JB again (correct?)

i think i am starting to talk myself out of it now

LasPecas

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i hear ya. it's the potential battery drain and little glitches that get me every time.. it will happen. AND of course the fact that once the new OS is out we cannot restore back to the desired OS to JB again (correct?)

i think i am starting to talk myself out of it now

That happens to me all the time. I decide "ok I'm gonna jailbreak" and 5 minutes later I think of the pros and cons and talk myself out :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh