Jailbreaking a Verizon iPhone to Tether With Unlimited Data

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Here is where you are engaging in faulty logic:

Verizon sells an unlimited data plan. They put NO LIMITS WHATSOEVER ON YOU. You are not "abusing" their network if you use alot of data on your unlimited data plan that has no limits. Capice? The problem is that most of you are on ATT and are used to the ATT faux unlimited data plan, which throttles you after 5GB. So you have this mindset that somehow you are doing something wrong by using more than 5GB of data on Verizon. Simply not analogous because Verizon has no such limits and HAS NEVER THROTTLED ANYONE ON THEIR 4G LTE NETWORK BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT VIOLATES THEIR BLOCK C LICENSES.

Now, Verizon also invites you to pay an additional $30 to gain native tethering functionality on your device. But you can gain that same functionality by paying $2.99 or even for free with an app. Verizon's block c licenses prevent them from interfering with using the apps of your choice AND THEY WERE ***** SLAPPED BY THE FCC AND FINED $1.25M WHEN THEY TRIED THIS IN THE PAST. Capice?

Clearly some of you do not to have the grey matter sufficient to understand this; but I also know some of you understand it completely but are ATT customers and are upset that you can't get this deal since it is no longer offered to new customers by Verizon. So you are choking on your sour grapes and arguing here to make yourselves feel better. Others of you gave up your Verizon truly unlimited, unthrottled data plan because you didn't know about the ways to get a subsidized phone while still keeping your Verizon truly unlimited, unthrottled data plan and are likewise choking on your sour grapes. Still others of you are trying to save face by making inane arguments in the hopes I will forget all of the legally wrong/irrelevant stuff you posted earlier on this and the other thread.

It's not working, guys, give it up. You've been beat.

You've been beat already. Give us proof to back up your claims then.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is where you are engaging in faulty logic:

Verizon sells an unlimited data plan. They put NO LIMITS WHATSOEVER ON YOU. You are not "abusing" their network if you use alot of data on your unlimited data plan that has no limits. Capice? The problem is that most of you are on ATT and are used to the ATT faux unlimited data plan, which throttles you after 5GB. So you have this mindset that somehow you are doing something wrong by using more than 5GB of data on Verizon. Simply not analogous because Verizon has no such limits and HAS NEVER THROTTLED ANYONE ON THEIR 4G LTE NETWORK BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT VIOLATES THEIR BLOCK C LICENSES.

Now, Verizon also invites you to pay an additional $30 to gain native tethering functionality on your device. But you can gain that same functionality by paying $2.99 or even for free with an app. Verizon's block c licenses prevent them from interfering with using the apps of your choice AND THEY WERE ***** SLAPPED BY THE FCC AND FINED $1.25M WHEN THEY TRIED THIS IN THE PAST. Capice?

Clearly some of you do not to have the grey matter sufficient to understand this; but I also know some of you understand it completely but are ATT customers and are upset that you can't get this deal since it is no longer offered to new customers by Verizon. So you are choking on your sour grapes and arguing here to make yourselves feel better. Others of you gave up your Verizon truly unlimited, unthrottled data plan because you didn't know about the ways to get a subsidized phone while still keeping your Verizon truly unlimited, unthrottled data plan and are likewise choking on your sour grapes. Still others of you are trying to save face by making inane arguments in the hopes I will forget all of the legally wrong/irrelevant stuff you posted earlier on this and the other thread.

It's not working, guys, give it up. You've been beat.

FYI I'm in Canada and I'm using Bell and I have 6GB of data. Carriers in Canada are a lot more strict in terms of data use, and they can throttle certain apps even.

Again I've read everything and somethings don't make sense at all. So I'm just going to see where this leads cause I don't have to worry about it here in Canada. I was just trying to understand the way US carriers work and it's more confusing than here in Canada's so the rest of you can fight it out while I watch.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I was just trying to understand the way US carriers work and it's more confusing than here in Canada's so the rest of you can fight it out while I watch.
See it is statements like this that make me beat my head against the wall. In all that I posted, did you not get that this is specific to Verizon? It is not even remotely about US carriers as a whole. It is about Verizon and Verizon only and it is because the block c licenses that Verizon holds are subject to open access restrictions that no other spectrum licenses are subject to.

How hard is it to understand that none of this relevant to US carriers other than Verizon and only on their block c licenses, which is the part of the spectrum they built their 4G LTE network on?

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
See it is statements like this that make me beat my head against the wall. In all that I posted, did you not get that this is specific to Verizon? It is not even remotely about US carriers as a whole. It is about Verizon and Verizon only and it is because the block c licenses that Verizon holds are subject to open access restrictions that no other spectrum licenses are subject to?

How hard is it to understand that none of this relevant to US carriers other than Verizon and only on their block c licenses, which is the part of the spectrum they built their 4G LTE network on?

That's too harsh. What if someone said that to you? I really think that this thread should be closed since it has no purpose.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
That's too harsh. What if someone said that to you? I really think that this thread should be closed since it has no purpose.

You are arguing with an arm chair lawyer. Someone who thinks they have the only interpretation of US Contract law and FCC rulings on this forum. Terms and conditions were delegalized a while back and it's clear he is promoting stealing, not that I feel sorry for verizon, but will probably be the first to complain for new ETFs or loss of unlimited data.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is still going?

Galaxy, you're arguing ethics rather than law.

i7. You're focusing on Terms and Conditions. You're ignoring the ability to enforce them. If the clause in the T&C isn't legal, it can't be enforced. Bringing up the T&C is irrelevant if they're not enforceable. Simply pointing back to them doesn't negate the argument stating the clause isn't legal. This is where you two are at such an impasse.

Keith, everyone in this discussion has been bordering on Forum Guidelines, you and me included. It'd be a bit dishonest to punish anyone individually.

Regardless, I'd like i7 to explain to me how he views this as stealing. Ignore all legal interpretations. Tell me in your own ideas how you view it as stealing. If someone pays for unlimited data, wouldn't Verizon be stealing from the consumer by forcing them to use Verizon's methods to tether in order to use the data? If they're charged for the data, why would they be in a position to decide how you use it? Would they also be justified to offer unlimited data with a 20MB cap on app downloads and require a monthly fee to be allowed to download more than that 20MB? If that's not justified, why is it ok in your mind for them to only allow you to use their tethering app and no others? If it is justified, what does "unlimited data" mean to you? Also, you spend a lot of time in the jailbreak forums. Are you here to antagonize or are you here because you jailbreak? If you jailbreak, do you view violating Apple's T&C to be as nefarious as you do violating Verizon's? If not, why are Verizon's worthwhile while Apple's are not?

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the app Tether available for iPhone? If so, give that a look. I used Tether on my BlackBerry for 5 years with unlimited data plan. Never had an issue. And I used a lot of data for a BlackBerry.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW