Jailbreaking a Verizon iPhone to Tether With Unlimited Data

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
you can consider it anything you want. But you are wrong and have no basis in the law for thinking that. You are literally just making things up and insisting they are true when all of the facts and the law point to the opposite conclusion.

Verizon cannot take away your unlimited data for tethering without being in violation of their block c licenses. So they would be the entity in the wrong and would be punished by fines if they did that.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your forte.

What you are talking about comes from a limited amount of knowledge. Please research this and then we will talk. I'm not making things up and if saying that floats your boat, you can keep saying it.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Look I know legal issues are challenging for some, but I have spelled out this very simple point at least 5 times now: Verizon's T&C DO NOT SUPERCEDE THE LAW.

You also are literally making things up if you think that Verizon selling me a data plan that VERIZON calls unlimited data (not me, I didn't name the plan they did) and then if i actually use a lot of data calling that dissruptive (ROFLMAO). There is no doubt that Verizon doesn't have to offer unlimited data plans to people once they go off contract, but as long as they do offer them, they have to deal with that in the context of their block c licenses. Verizon knows this too, that is why unlike ATT, they don't kick you off their network for using tons of data nor do they throttle you.

The facts are the facts - Verizon wants people off of unlimited data and is providing incentives to get people off. Yet they never take it away from anyone. You have to voluntarily give it up by using an upgrade or switching to a different plan. Why? Is it because Verizon's executives are just such nice good hearted people that they wouldn't do that to anyone? Of course not. It is because they CAN'T. If they could, they would. It surprises me that people are so naive they don't get this point. Verizon isn't doing anything out of the goodness of their hearts. People are using tons of data under their unlimited data plans and not getting throttled and not getting booted off because Verizon has to let them as long as they offer the unlimited data plans or they are in violation of their licenses.

Anyhow, you are wrong and randomly trying to come up with arguments because you either can't understand what I am saying or you can, but you don't like the fact that I am right and are just arguing for argument's sake.

If you sign that contract you have to abide by the T&C. The LAW allows that.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
THE LAW allows Verizon to manage their network and take actions necessary to do so...
Only so long as they are not in violation of their block C licenses, a point you conveniently keep ignoring.

There is a reason Verizon throttles high data users only on their 3G network and it's because they can't on their 4G LTE network. What happens if you have a data hog on the 4G LTE network is that the network slows for everyone due to congestion. But it doesn't slow selectively for the data hog, like what happens when you throttle a user. And Verizon DOES throttle on their 3G network.

The fact is no one has ever been throttled on Verizon's 4G LTE network. So you can make your legally baseless arguments all you want, but the reality is that Verizon behaves this way because they have to behave this way due to the law not because they want to behave this way. They want to throttle high data users on their 4G LTE network, but can't.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You're probably being ignored... because you're correct.
he is being ignored but not because he is correct. There are just only so many times I can explain this stuff before I realize that a person doesn't have the grey matter to get it or they get it but don't like that I am right so that is why they keep making baseless arguments (the latter is you, btw).

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
he is being ignored but not because he is correct. There is just only so many times I can explain this stuff before I realize that a person just doesn't have the grey matter to get it or they get it but don't like that I am right so that is why they keep making baseless arguments (the latter is you, btw).

And this is what is know as projection folks...

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Put me on ignore then since after this YOU will be on everyone's ignore list. Many people that tried this and used too much data got throttled and some lost their unlimited data.

I'm already on ignore and I don't understand what is difficult? The decree, which i posted and verizon's t and c, which i posted, states the following:
- verizon cannot block tether apps
- unlimited data customers have to pay a fee for tethering and there is a 5 gig limit
- bandwidth on lte can be used on your phone until the cows come home and cant be throttled
- verizon can survey it's network but won't snoop on your data
- verizon can enforce it's t and c
- verizon can terminate you if it deems you are harming their network

Bottom line, abusing the system by bypassing controls, ie jailbreak to tether for free will cause verizon to sit up and take notice. Whether they mete out punishment for the abusers or the masses is yet to be seen, but the arrogance of the arm chair lawyer of being able to beat the system is laughable. The only winner is verizon and the losers are us, due to those who game the system.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
and this is what is known as the last resort of someone who has lost an argument.

Psychology states, "when a person is losing in an argument their last resort is to correct the other person's grammar." So if Keith was losing, he would be correcting your grammar and it would be really easy for him to do that.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm already on ignore and I don't understand what is difficult? The decree, which i posted and verizon's t and c, which i posted, states the following:
- verizon cannot block tether apps
- unlimited data customers have to pay a fee for tethering and there is a 5 gig limit
- bandwidth on lte can be used on your phone until the cows come home and cant be throttled
- verizon can survey it's network but won't snoop on your data
- verizon can enforce it's t and c
- verizon can terminate you if it deems you are harming their network

Bottom line, abusing the system by bypassing controls, ie jailbreak to tether for free will cause verizon to sit up and take notice. Whether they mete out punishment for the abusers or the masses is yet to be seen, but the arrogance of the arm chair lawyer of being able to beat the system is laughable. The only winner is verizon and the losers are us, due to those who game the system.

That's exactly what I'm saying, you "can" use a 3rd party tethering app/tweak BUT Verizon can still terminate your services if you abuse there network.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If I had unlimited non-throttled data I wouldn't need to tether, I would just need my3G or 3Gunrestrictor so I can update apps and use apps over LTE :D

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm saying, you "can" use a 3rd party tethering app/tweak BUT Verizon can still terminate your services if you abuse there network.
Here is where you are engaging in faulty logic:

Verizon sells an unlimited data plan. They put NO LIMITS WHATSOEVER ON YOU. You are not "abusing" their network if you use alot of data on your unlimited data plan that has no limits. Capice? The problem is that most of you are on ATT and are used to the ATT faux unlimited data plan, which throttles you after 5GB. So you have this mindset that somehow you are doing something wrong by using more than 5GB of data on Verizon. Simply not analogous because Verizon has no such limits and HAS NEVER THROTTLED ANYONE ON THEIR 4G LTE NETWORK BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT VIOLATES THEIR BLOCK C LICENSES.

Now, Verizon also invites you to pay an additional $30 to gain native tethering functionality on your device. But you can gain that same functionality by paying $2.99 or even for free with an app. Verizon's block c licenses prevent them from interfering with using the apps of your choice AND THEY WERE ***** SLAPPED BY THE FCC AND FINED $1.25M WHEN THEY TRIED THIS IN THE PAST. Capice?

Clearly some of you do not to have the grey matter sufficient to understand this; but I also know some of you understand it completely but are ATT customers and are upset that you can't get this deal since it is no longer offered to new customers by Verizon. So you are choking on your sour grapes and arguing here to make yourselves feel better. Others of you gave up your Verizon truly unlimited, unthrottled data plan because you didn't know about the ways to get a subsidized phone while still keeping your Verizon truly unlimited, unthrottled data plan and are likewise choking on your sour grapes. Still others of you are trying to save face by making inane arguments in the hopes I will forget all of the legally wrong/irrelevant stuff you posted earlier on this and the other thread.

It's not working, guys, give it up. You've been beat.