Jailbreaking a Verizon iPhone to Tether With Unlimited Data

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I thought OP did at first. Wouldn't have to talk about the FCC ruling or whatever if it was a legit way to get tethering. And honestly, not sure how many people use a different iOS tethering app when they already have it on their plan TBH. I mean, yeah, could have different features, but yeah.

That's why I re-asked the question. However, in a real show in internet maturity, I think I was put on ignore, so I doubt the question will get answered.

http://www.fcc.gov/document/order-and-consent-decree-verizon-wireless-pay-125-million

There is a blurb in there about unlimited customers paying a fee to tether.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
"(1) Insofar as such use would not be compliant with published technical standards reasonably necessary for the management or protection of the licensee's network..."

They protect their network by not allowing unlimited tethering. Case and point, they are not violating anything by kicking you off for tethering, without $30, on an unlimited plan.
you are just making things up now. There is no ruling that supports your interpretation. AND Verizon doesn't kick people off for tethering, ATT does.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't have to talk about the FCC ruling or whatever if it was a legit way to get tethering. .
Wrong. The only reason I brought up the FCC is because some a$$clown called it theft. It was merely to prove him wrong, as I did.

It's totally legit. Verizon knows it is going on and knows they don't have a legal leg to stand on to stop it. That is why they pressured google to get the apps out of the playstore.

The only party here who has broken the law and hasn't been legit is Verizon.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Wrong. The only reason I brought up the FCC is because some a$$clown called it theft. It was merely to prove him wrong, as I did.

It's totally legit. Verizon knows it is going on and knows they don't have a legal leg to stand on to stop it. That is why they pressured google to get the apps out of the playstore.

I agree about the part there is an a$$clown on the forum; which is why I posted the FCC ruling. You still haven't answered the question. Oh wait...I'm on ignore. :)

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
you are just making things up now. There is no ruling that supports your interpretation. AND Verizon doesn't kick people off for tethering, ATT does.

That was a quote from the top post here... They made it up then? Verizon isn't kicking anyone off... *yet*. You interpret it one way, I do another. I would wager that a lawyer/judge would read it the way I do though, and there not being a ruling doesn't over-ride the way the law reads.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You interpret it one way, I do another. I would wager that a lawyer/judge would read it the way I do though, and there not being a ruling doesn't over-ride the way the law reads.
Clearly you are not an attorney. Gonna have to cut you off and put you on ignore because I don't have time to educate you nor do I want to read your drivel. You don't know what you are talking about.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I agree with the tethering part that Verizon can't do anything. But people still have to remember that Verizon still has the right to terminate your services if you abuse their network (not sure what Verizon counts as abuse, post a link cause I'm curious too)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
That was a quote from the top post here... They made it up then? Verizon isn't kicking anyone off... *yet*. You interpret it one way, I do another. I would wager that a lawyer/judge would read it the way I do though, and there not being a ruling doesn't over-ride the way the law reads.

It's funny how the posters who post the most nonsense have the least tolerance. Maybe if we're lucky he will put the entire imore community on ignore.

The idjut might actually learn something if he didn't hit that ignore button.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how the posters who post the most nonsense have the least tolerance. Maybe if we're lucky he will put the entire imore community on ignore.

The idjut might actually learn something if he didn't hit that ignore button.

I'm on block now too, I got:
"Clearly you are not an attorney. Gonna have to cut you off and put you on ignore because I don't have time to educate you nor do I want to read your drivel. You don't know what you are talking about."

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Clearly you are not an attorney. Gonna have to cut you off and put you on ignore because I don't have time to educate you nor do I want to read your drivel. You don't know what you are talking about.
And you are an attorney? Oh yeah, we've been down this road... please, put me on your ignore list too since I'm such a know-nothing... :p

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just consider that unmoral. If you want you can do it but, remember don't blame anyone but yourself when you lose your unlimited data.

Last edited:

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just consider that unlawful. If you want you can do it but, remember don't blame anyone but yourself when you lose your unlimited data.
you can consider it anything you want. But you are wrong and have no basis in the law for thinking that. You are literally just making things up and insisting they are true when all of the facts and the law point to the opposite conclusion.

Verizon cannot take away your unlimited data for tethering without being in violation of their block c licenses. So they would be the entity in the wrong and would be punished by fines if they did that.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your forte.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think people are confused between what the law says and what people classify as "Ethical". By law you can use a 3rd party app tethering app and Verizon can't do anything about but is it ethical? No. That's what people are getting confused by.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
you can consider it anything you want. But you are wrong and have no basis in the law for thinking that. You are literally just making things up and insisting they are true when all of the facts and the law point to the opposite conclusion.

Verizon cannot take away your unlimited data for tethering without being in violation of their block c licenses. So they would be the entity in the wrong and would be punished by fines if they did that.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your forte.

Tone it down counselor.

Verizon is well within their legal rights to act on the terms of service which currently allow them to manage their network traffic - and any user deemed to be dissruptive to the operation of their network can be dealt with on the basis of the T&C of service under their contracts.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has found out about people using this. There is more data used while tethering and when they find out they will rid you of unlimited data.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is well within their legal rights to act on the terms of service which currently allow them to manage their network traffic - and any user deemed to be dissruptive to the operation of their network can be dealt with on the basis of the T&C of service under their contracts.
Look I know legal issues are challenging for some, but I have spelled out this very simple point at least 5 times now: Verizon's T&C DO NOT SUPERCEDE THE LAW.

You also are literally making things up if you think that Verizon selling me a data plan that VERIZON calls unlimited data (not me, I didn't name the plan they did) and then if i actually use a lot of data calling that dissruptive (ROFLMAO). There is no doubt that Verizon doesn't have to offer unlimited data plans to people once they go off contract, but as long as they do offer them, they have to deal with that in the context of their block c licenses. Verizon knows this too, that is why unlike ATT, they don't kick you off their network for using tons of data nor do they throttle you.

The facts are the facts - Verizon wants people off of unlimited data and is providing incentives to get people off. Yet they never take it away from anyone. You have to voluntarily give it up by using an upgrade or switching to a different plan. Why? Is it because Verizon's executives are just such nice good hearted people that they wouldn't do that to anyone? Of course not. It is because they CAN'T. If they could, they would. It surprises me that people are so naive they don't get this point. Verizon isn't doing anything out of the goodness of their hearts. People are using tons of data under their unlimited data plans and not getting throttled and not getting booted off because Verizon has to let them as long as they offer the unlimited data plans or they are in violation of their licenses.

Anyhow, you are wrong and randomly trying to come up with arguments because you either can't understand what I am saying or you can, but you don't like the fact that I am right and are just arguing for argument's sake.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Tone it down counselor.

I think this thread has served its purpose. Don't you think so?

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think this thread has served its purpose. Don't you think so?
Hon, I am putting you on ignore because if this thread has shown anything, it is that legal concepts are hard for some people to grasp. It is hard for me to understand why because there is nothing difficult about understanding that a company cannot override the law via a contract, but clearly it is not something everyone can understand.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Look I know legal issues are challenging for some, but I have spelled out this very simple point at least 5 times now: Verizon's T&C DO NOT SUPERCEDE THE LAW.

You also are literally making things up if you think that Verizon selling me a data plan that VERIZON calls unlimited data (not me, I didn't name the plan they did) and then if i actually use a lot of data calling that dissruptive (ROFLMAO). There is no doubt that Verizon doesn't have to offer unlimited data plans to people once they go off contract, but as long as they do offer them, they have to deal with that in the context of their block c licenses. Verizon knows this too, that is why unlike ATT, they don't kick you off their network for using tons of data nor do they throttle you.

The facts are the facts - Verizon wants people off of unlimited data and is providing incentives to get people off. Yet they never take it away from anyone. You have to voluntarily give it up by using an upgrade or switching to a different plan. Why? Is it because Verizon's executives are just such nice good hearted people that they wouldn't do that to anyone? Of course not. It is because they CAN'T. If they could, they would. It surprises me that people are so naive they don't get this point. Verizon isn't doing anything out of the goodness of their hearts. People are using tons of data under their unlimited data plans and not getting throttled and not getting booted off because Verizon has to let them as long as they offer the unlimited data plans or they are in violation of their licenses.

Anyhow, you are wrong and randomly trying to come up with arguments because you either can't understand what I am saying or you can, but you don't like the fact that I am right and are just arguing for argument's sake.

THE LAW allows Verizon to manage their network and take actions necessary to do so... a fact that seems to totally elude you. Pay heed to your last sentence quoted above. Physician, heal thyself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal