Anyone notice any bugs with iOS 7 jailbreak?

iMfun

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Isn't winter board required in order to install or run cydia apps like different lock screens? W/o winter board how do you change theme settings?

That's true but WB is not compatible with iOS 7 yet. But Dreamboard, a similar app will do the job look for it in cydia and install the latest version ( 2.xx) however, this app works only for iPhone if you own iPad then you have to wait.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's true but WB is not compatible with iOS 7 yet. But Dreamboard, a similar app will do the job look for it in cydia and install the latest version ( 2.xx) however, this app works only for iPhone if you own iPad then you have to wait.

Winterboard has been updated for iOS 7 and arm64

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389613594.401715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

iMfun

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Installed the compatible version of WB but non of the themes seem to work anybody having these issue ?

Last edited:

davidkhchai65

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
1. goto Cydia and remove AppSync for iOS 7.0+
2. use iFile and delete 2 files (com.apple.mobile.installation.plist and com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore if exists) in /var/mobile/Library/Caches
3. reboot
4. Safari and Mail should be working after reboot
5. goto cydia and install AppSync for iOS 7.0+

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
1. goto Cydia and remove AppSync for iOS 7.0+
2. use iFile and delete 2 files (com.apple.mobile.installation.plist and com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore if exists) in /var/mobile/Library/Caches
3. reboot
4. Safari and Mail should be working after reboot
5. goto cydia and install AppSync for iOS 7.0+

No. Do not install appsync

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I quickly went trough the entries but maybe I overlooked that bug post...

Often when I swipe trough my home screen or want to tap/launch a app then the apps disappear until I swipe again and then they start wiggling ��
I have the recent version of cydia, cydia substrate, safe substrate, winterboard etc.
Does anybody know why this is happening?

Here are some screenshots:
Photo 1083.png Photo 1084.png Photo 1085.png

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I can even get evasion to launch. I Redownloaded a couple of times but when I click to open the program
It just sits there so I gave up

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
We taking specific bugs or any bugs at all??
Sometimes my device gets locked in landscape mode. Like whichever app ends up in landscape mode will get stuck that way. If I exit app and go back, it will go to portrait mode.
Sometimes when I close a folder when it's switching back to home screen the icons and folders are pushed way to the right, they quickly reposition, but not before I see them being in the wrong spot.
The other day every contact I currently had a conversation thread in bitesms was lost!!! Only the numbers remained all contact names, emails, pics were GONE!
If I am in landscape mode when I open switcher, I can't get switcher to flip back to portrait.
I keep losing my sound settings upon resprings. Mostly silent to not silent.
Also I feel as if my bottom grabber for control center does not work as smoothly as I would expect a stock apple feature to work. But I've never been stock for something to compare it to.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
This is the buggiest jailbreak experience I've had in several iterations of iOS. I have been jailbroken nearly since the day I got my iP5S which is when I first experienced iOS7. I like a lot about it but cannot really tell if what I'm experiencing is the result of iOS7 itself, the Jailbreak, tweaks I have installed or some combination. I find apps quit periodically and back to home screen, odd screen input problems where screen doesn't seem to be properly registering my taps/swipes, more boots into safe mode than ever before. I don't have that many JB apps/tweaks installed and I have been diligent about deconflicting (i.e.; installed Springtomize3 only after removing every tweak that duplicated any of the same functionality) and only using tweaks that have relatively proven track records by established devs and/or previously stable versions on earlier versions of iOS (i.e.; not a brand new tweak by a brand new dev). Not that this is a recipe for stability but just sharing that even being diligent about what/when I install AND doing "restore as new" before doing my JB, my experience of jailbreak on iOS7 has been far more problem-ridden than what I had with iOS6.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Haha. Last night I couldn't get it out of safe mode. Wasn't about to DFU and restore either. After about an hour of deleting apps/tweaks and reinstall of main components accompanied by multiple resprings... I fixed it. Whew.

Turns out it was an issue with an app called Forecast. I don't think it plays well with certain icon bundles.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Try and restore and JB again then before iOS 7.1 comes out and then you can't.

Did this several times, but it still happens on my iPad mini 2 sometimes, but not anymore on iPhone, that's very strange. It's related to some jailbreak tweaks, but the tweaks are more important than this bug, so don't care anymore 😌 :p

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I lost the Icon to Cydia and all the other Jaibreak apps after a respring although the iPad Mini was still jailbroken. I could still open cydia through safari by typing cydia://.

I was experimenting with my iPad Air that night and decided to restore the backup from the Mini onto the Air. After the Air was restored, I noticed the icons for Cydia and the other jailbreak apps were gone too. I then restored the original air backup and the jailbreak icons came back.

I then restored an old Mini backup and my jailbreak app icons came back on it as well.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem as you fb2...

do you know wich tweaks cause this problem? i think it?s very annoying.... :/

I don't have this problem anymore, but it don't know why and because of which tweak. A lot of tweaks updated and maybe it was a incompatibility of some tweaks. Basically I have still the same teaks so I think an update solved that.

If you updated all tweaks and still have this issue than please list all tweaks you have installed and maybe we can find the culprit. I'm interested too, which tweak causes/caused that problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal