Anyone notice any bugs with iOS 7 jailbreak?

BromoGT

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not receiving push notifications from google.Im not gonna install no tweaks til cydia is updated.

I think the jailbreak turned off notifications for most apps. Since jail breaking I am getting asked to allow notifications from apps I haven't used since before I Jailbroke. I suggest going into your settings and see if google notifications are turned on still.

LouisCameron

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
  • Facebook is force quitting on me.
  • Siri can't open installed applications anymore (i.e., "Siri open Facebook" or "Open Instagram"), says that I don't have an application called "Facebook" / "Instagram".

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the jailbreak turned off notifications for most apps. Since jail breaking I am getting asked to allow notifications from apps I haven't used since before I Jailbroke. I suggest going into your settings and see if google notifications are turned on still.
Did you update your iOS just to jailbreak or were you using iOS 7 before that?

When you update to iOS 7, it reset a lot of those notification choices.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
A lot of you might be having issues of you did a restore of iOS 7 instead of using it as brand new. If you guys are having issues, reformat the iPhone then restore from iCloud and then jailbreak.

Sent from my Facebook & Twitter Machine using Tapatalk

iMfun

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
  • Facebook is force quitting on me.
  • Siri can't open installed applications anymore (i.e., "Siri open Facebook" or "Open Instagram"), says that I don't have an application called "Facebook" / "Instagram".

I'm having no such issues on my iPad mini, may be reinstalling some apps will work.give it a try

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait to jailbreak my 5S until the stashing issue is fix with the cydia app that installs with the evasi0n jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
A lot of you might be having issues of you did a restore of iOS 7 instead of using it as brand new. If you guys are having issues, reformat the iPhone then restore from iCloud and then jailbreak.

You believe the issue stems from a restore versus a clean installation of iOS7... and your recommendation is to try another restore? Restoring from iCloud, or a local backup, is the same problem.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You believe the issue stems from a restore versus a clean installation of iOS7... and your recommendation is to try another restore? Restoring from iCloud, or a local backup, is the same problem.

No it is not. Restoring from a local backup is more likely to break settings from apps because it also restores data from applications, settings etc. restoring from an iCloud only restores main information like contacts, pictures, and will download the apps again fresh. This is the best way to restore as it reduces the chances of corrupt data transfer that can cause apps to breaks, without actually starting from a new device.

iMfun

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know it's a bug or not but in settings the battery usage column is always blank even after charging the device to 100%.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No it is not. Restoring from a local backup is more likely to break settings from apps because it also restores data from applications, settings etc. restoring from an iCloud only restores main information like contacts, pictures, and will download the apps again fresh. This is the best way to restore as it reduces the chances of corrupt data transfer that can cause apps to breaks, without actually starting from a new device.

The local backup doesn't contain apps. The apps are stored elsewhere and are restored the same whether the device is new, restored from a local backup, or restored from iCloud. The backup is the same whether locally or on iCloud.

If you're looking to gain only contacts, pictures, and similar data from the iCloud, you're not looking to restore. You're simply looking to turn iCloud on before and after the restore. That enables the phone to sync to iCloud on its own to pull the photo stream, contacts, mail, etc. That's not a restore.

Berbas

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue on my jailbroken iphone 4, i didnt have a lot of tweaks. Only got: appsync, mail and callendar fix, barrel, winterboard, cccontrol, message customizir, chromeizer, choosing browser, no tweaks that are makin use od my search option

iMfun

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue on my jailbroken iphone 4, i didnt have a lot of tweaks. Only got: appsync, mail and callendar fix, barrel, winterboard, cccontrol, message customizir, chromeizer, choosing browser, no tweaks that are makin use od my search option

winterboard is the culprit, I had the same issue uninstalled WB and.... voila !

cg2916

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
What I'm wondering is if time it's a good time to jailbreak or if I should wait for, say, Cydia to update and fix those stashing issues. I'm already on 7.0.4.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What I'm wondering is if time it's a good time to jailbreak or if I should wait for, say, Cydia to update and fix those stashing issues. I'm already on 7.0.4.

The evasi0n tool has to be updated with a newer version of cydia that has fixed the stashing issue.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal