Can't seem to get rid of Backboardd - causing memory reset

divaschematic

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't jaulbroken my phone in a long while.
But Backboardd seems to have made its way onto my iPhone5s somehow. It seems to be causing a soft reset memory issue where the phone goes to the black and White apple screen when I try and multitask, and then it restarts.
I did a complete manual restore of the phone, downloading all the apps individually and manually sorting my settings. Backboardd still seems to be there. How do I get rid of it? Can I use iExplorer to remove it? If so where's it hiding?

Please help, I don't want to Jailbreak as I don't tend to do it until I'm out of warranty. Apple help won't help due to the fact it's a Jailbreak item :/

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't jaulbroken my phone in a long while.
But Backboardd seems to have made its way onto my iPhone5s somehow. It seems to be causing a soft reset memory issue where the phone goes to the black and White apple screen when I try and multitask, and then it restarts.
I did a complete manual restore of the phone, downloading all the apps individually and manually sorting my settings. Backboardd still seems to be there. How do I get rid of it? Can I use iExplorer to remove it? If so where's it hiding?

Please help, I don't want to Jailbreak as I don't tend to do it until I'm out of warranty. Apple help won't help due to the fact it's a Jailbreak item :/

Backboardd is a core process that runs in iOS now (introduced in iOS 6). You can't get rid of it.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

divaschematic

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, booked another support call, clearly something is up with my phone. Glad I went to the trouble of completely wiping my phone (stupid other people recommending stuff).
Cheers acerace, hopefully Apple can sort me out.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, booked another support call, clearly something is up with my phone. Glad I went to the trouble of completely wiping my phone (stupid other people recommending stuff).
Cheers acerace, hopefully Apple can sort me out.

Apple will most likely look into what's causing it to use so much ram (I have a good idea but no proof) but for now I would say to not quickly scroll through web pages while using safari or use chrome from the App Store.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh