iOS 7 jailbreak is here

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's good to be back.

WB kept messing everything up so I had to delete it and start all over. Right now, I'm just simple with BytaFont and Fake Carrier.

Now comes the wait to get the Cydia tweaks I miss to be updated to work with iOS7 - Especially Gridlock and Iconoclasm. I've tried to redownload them from Cydia but it tells me they're not compatible (yet).

There's a new tweak that the developer created that is like iconoclasm and gridlocked in 1 called Homescreen designer. Works like a champ.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I never jb before just got my iPhone. I know you use the envasi0n app ton jb but how would you remove jailbreak incase you needed to return the iPhone or just get it back to its factory settings?

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Just simply restore.

This post was made by Tiffany

Are you sure about that? I was not able to do restore via iTunes. So i had put my phone to DFU mode and then installed ipsw file for my phone to restore it.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure about that? I was not able to do restore via iTunes. So i had put my phone to DFU mode and then installed ipsw file for my phone to restore it.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Restoring via iTunes has always worked for me. That's odd you had problems with it.

jasonm03

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having issues with wifi after jail breaking ios7.0.4?
I jail broke my phone and also had the battery/power button replaced around the same time, now it is not recognizing any wifi network .. Wondering if it a software issue or maybe when they opened up my phone

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I jail broke my phone and also had the battery/power button replaced around the same time, now it is not recognizing any wifi network .. Wondering if it a software issue or maybe when they opened up my phone

Restore to stock and use it that way for a while and see if your wifi problem persists.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Your phone was open and guts exposed, id say its 75% more likely that caused wifi issues and not your jailbreak. Cable just probably didn't get reconnected properly.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated original post with new info and edited some existing info to reflect changes. (Trying to keep this up to update as best as I can)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
There's a new tweak that the developer created that is like iconoclasm and gridlocked in 1 called Homescreen designer. Works like a champ.

I got Gridlock to work this morning. I installed the Cydia updates then went back into my Cydia account and I was able to download the new Gridlock. I'm a happy ginger now.

A lot of the fonts I had on my 4s are being ported to work with iOS7. On Friday, there were two pages in BytaFont. Today, there are 10.

Now let's see if I can get WB, iWidgets and LockHTML to work. I miss that it's F*!-@&% clock/temp iWidget from iPhonealicious.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
so I was gonna restore my 5S from 7.1beta3 to 7.0.4 and jailbreak but when I plugged it in and opened evasion it said that 7.1 is comparable is that a glitch or can I jailbreak my 7.1 beta3?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Restoring via iTunes has always worked for me. That's odd you had problems with it.

It's common phones coming from the evasi0n iOS6 jailbreak. But, he added an excess step. DFU mode and restore through iTunes would have been sufficient.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
will this mess up after beta3?

Nobody here can tell you if the exploits will be fixed between beta3 and future 7.1 versions. They either don't work for Apple or they're obligated to follow the NDA. An educated guess would tell you it's more likely than not the jailbreak will stop working before the 7.1 release.