iOS 7 jailbreak is here

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Ya it is pretty clean and on point. Only issue i have noticed is turning off LTE to use 3G with the quick control then trying to turn LTE back on, it won't allow LTE to reconnect. Have to do airplane mode then turn airplane mode off. Could be totally unrelated to the app however. But that was the first time I had tried toggling LTE.

Sent from my JB'd iOS 7 iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
New development. Good luck with whatever you do, but I'm only downloading the official MS. :)

New, as in posted three days prior to your post contradicting it? Then yes, it's new.

Based on your reply, I'm forced to believe you still don't understand what the rest of us are talking about.

This is not a substitute to MS. It's not another MS. It's Saurik's MS. The script just eliminates the need to reinstall MS after each reboot. It is the "official MS" you're eagerly awaiting.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
New, as in posted three days prior to your post contradicting it? Then yes, it's new.

Based on your reply, I'm forced to believe you still don't understand what the rest of us are talking about.

This is not a substitute to MS. It's not another MS. It's Saurik's MS. The script just eliminates the need to reinstall MS after each reboot. It is the "official MS" you're eagerly awaiting.

Is it iPhone 5S compatible? Has anyone with a 5S tried this yet? I don't want to brick my phone.

This post was made by Tiffany

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it iPhone 5S compatible? Has anyone with a 5S tried this yet? I don't want to brick my phone.

This post was made by Tiffany
No. It's using the current MS. That hasn't been updated for 5S yet. You're about the only group of users that can't use the "fix." I posted Saurik's words higher up in this thread. You can read what he says about it there.

I'd be surprised if you're waiting beyond Tuesday for the MS update that includes 5S functionality.

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't aware of hardly anything working with the A7 chips. I am however finding people commenting that it does work on their 5S so I guess try at your own risk. Also be advised there are some toggles that simply aren't working right now. But this is a beta app.

Sent from my JB'd iOS 7 iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Still can't get anything to work on my iPhone5, and its updated. BiteSMS icon doesn't show up, can't get 5 icon dock to work....might just have to start over.

UPDATE: Loaded the BiteSMS Beta Repo and now it works, BUT on my pull down now I don't have any weather info or calendar info. I did try to install pulldownkill 7, but it kept making my phone reboot, so I uninstalled it.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm downgrading my iPod from 7.1b2 to jailbreak it on 7.0.4 so I can see what is updated. But as soon as apple pushes 7.1 I'll be jailbreaking my 5S right away.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Is everyone using Evasi0n for JB or some other resource?

The Evasi0n iOS 7 JB tool is one of the JB tools for iOS 7, another tool is the Ragebreak tool but it's for A4 devices only (aka iPhone 4 and below) and its a tethered JB only, any other tool that claims they can jailbreak iOS 7 is fake unless confirmed by a trusted source, usually us here at iMore.

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The Evasi0n iOS 7 JB tool is one of the JB tools for iOS 7, another tool is the Ragebreak tool but it's for A4 devices only (aka iPhone 4 and below) and its a tethered JB only, any other tool that claims they can jailbreak iOS 7 is fake unless confirmed by a trusted source, usually us here at iMore.

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4

Thanks! I used evasi0n for my previous JB, but reading through the thread I saw there was a 'rift' between saurik and evaders, so I wanted to make sure... Downloaded and setting up as we speak!!

--Rich

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow my iPod touch takes a long time to boot up after installing cydia substrate. Also looks like I lose about 20-40 mb of ram in iOS 7. At startup my iPod idles at 250 MB on 7.0.4 compared to 280 MB on 6.1

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow my iPod touch takes a long time to boot up after installing cydia substrate. Also looks like I lose about 20-40 mb of ram in iOS 7. At startup my iPod idles at 250 MB on 7.0.4 compared to 280 MB on 6.1

That could very well be the additional amount of RAM required for all of iOS7's extra features. Remember, they're now running a real-time physics engine and some enhanced graphics with iOS7.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That could very well be the additional amount of RAM required for all of iOS7's extra features. Remember, they're now running a real-time physics engine and some enhanced graphics with iOS7.

The gpu should be doing the physics not the CPU and sbsettings doesn't count the video ram that the gpu is using. But by the looks of it the CPU is rendering the home screen which explains the lag in iOS 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro