iOS 7 jailbreak is here

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a noob and I don't want to download something from Cydia until the official MS is released by Saurik.

The MS fix only performs one function. It keeps MS running. The current issue with MS for non 5s devices is it needs to be reinstalled after reboots to keep it there. Sometimes, you'll run into an issue where you need to reinstall MS after installing another tweak to get it running.

It doesn't actually modify MS in any way. It's just making sure Saurik's MS keeps running. It's not an unofficial MS. It's not even MS. It's just a small script.

You're free to wait. But, you should be aware before making those decisions. Another thing to be aware of, not all tweaks require MS. Most do. But, installing those that don't use MS won't change after MS is released.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Saurik has advised AGAINST using anything other than an official MS release. These are his words on Reddit:

Saurik recently took to Reddit to respond to a widely used third-party Mobile Substrate patch that claims to "load all tweaks without a reboot or respring" on iOS 7. The patch doesn't fix tweaks for the 64-bit A7 chip, but it does claim to fix Mobile Substrate for iOS 7. If you were thinking about grabbing it, you may want to read Saurik's response about why you shouldn't:

"This is horribly dangerous: MSHookFunction is not designed to be used on functions that might actively be running; this makes Substrate get injected into launchd while launchd is loading launch daemons... no one should install this; it doesn't even solve the problem remotely correctly for anything but SpringBoard/backboardd, and will end up leaving you with Substrate having been randomly applied to different background processes."

As usual, important dependencies like Mobile Substrate should not be installed until you know it came from a reputable source. In this case, we wouldn?t recommend installing Mobile Substrate, or any patch for the software, from anyone but Saurik, as he is the creator of this software. Third-party developers that are creating patches for Mobile Substrate often don't know what they're doing, and if you install their patches, you run the risk of having to restore your iOS device and re-jailbreak it.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any use for it anyways. So I undid the jailbreak. I jailbroke twice and now I feel stupid that I wasted time jailbreaking when I have no use with the features of jailbreaking on my newer devices. Oh well, good luck for those of you who are. :)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Saurik has advised AGAINST using anything other than an official MS release. These are his words on Reddit:

Saurik recently took to Reddit to respond to a widely used third-party Mobile Substrate patch that claims to "load all tweaks without a reboot or respring" on iOS 7. The patch doesn't fix tweaks for the 64-bit A7 chip, but it does claim to fix Mobile Substrate for iOS 7. If you were thinking about grabbing it, you may want to read Saurik's response about why you shouldn't:

"This is horribly dangerous: MSHookFunction is not designed to be used on functions that might actively be running; this makes Substrate get injected into launchd while launchd is loading launch daemons... no one should install this; it doesn't even solve the problem remotely correctly for anything but SpringBoard/backboardd, and will end up leaving you with Substrate having been randomly applied to different background processes."

As usual, important dependencies like Mobile Substrate should not be installed until you know it came from a reputable source. In this case, we wouldn’t recommend installing Mobile Substrate, or any patch for the software, from anyone but Saurik, as he is the creator of this software. Third-party developers that are creating patches for Mobile Substrate often don't know what they're doing, and if you install their patches, you run the risk of having to restore your iOS device and re-jailbreak it.

Do you have a link to that post? The excerpt you posted doesn't match what you said.

Those words are suggesting against loading a tweak call bootstrap(or something similar). The other fix going around doesn't use that method.

Saurik saying "you shouldn't use this one method" is not the same as Saurik saying "you shouldn't use any methods."

The fix ISN'T another MS. It's a two line bash script that ensures MS is active.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a link to that post? The excerpt you posted doesn't match what you said.

Those words are suggesting against loading a tweak call bootstrap(or something similar). The other fix going around doesn't use that method.

Saurik saying "you shouldn't use this one method" is not the same as Saurik saying "you shouldn't use any methods."

The fix ISN'T another MS. It's a two line bash script that ensures MS is active.

It's your device and you can do what you want but Saurik advised against it.

Last edited:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It'c your device and you can do what you want but Saurik advised against it.

Actually, he didn't. In fact, he says he probably should have used this technique in his fix for MS.

Better mobile substrate fix with no issues : jailbreak

Saurik: This only works on evasi0n 1.0.1 because it relies on the feature I had evad3rs add so I could solve this problem "correctly". In that light, it probably does work (it is not "dangerous" as I described the previous ones), but there is still little point in installing it because clearly a new build of Substrate would come out soon using this new feature I got from evad3rs ;P. (Which didn't happen yet as I took Christmas Eve/Day mostly as a holiday.)

(This does, btw, also argue that what I should have had them do is just reactivate launchd.conf... or maybe done that in addition to the rc.d thing... I kind of thought about that a couple days later, wasn't certain if it would work, and didn't have the energy to go back and beg for a different feature. Whatever... the rc.d thing probably needed to be done someday anyway... but maybe I will try to talk to planetbeing today.)

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually, he didn't. In fact, he says he probably should have used this technique in his fix for MS.

Better mobile substrate fix with no issues : jailbreak

Saurik: This only works on evasi0n 1.0.1 because it relies on the feature I had evad3rs add so I could solve this problem "correctly". In that light, it probably does work (it is not "dangerous" as I described the previous ones), but there is still little point in installing it because clearly a new build of Substrate would come out soon using this new feature I got from evad3rs ;P. (Which didn't happen yet as I took Christmas Eve/Day mostly as a holiday.)

(This does, btw, also argue that what I should have had them do is just reactivate launchd.conf... or maybe done that in addition to the rc.d thing... I kind of thought about that a couple days later, wasn't certain if it would work, and didn't have the energy to go back and beg for a different feature. Whatever... the rc.d thing probably needed to be done someday anyway... but maybe I will try to talk to planetbeing today.)

New development. Good luck with whatever you do, but I'm only downloading the official MS. :)

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
can you post a screen shot? Would love to see how it changed.

Here ya go
dabyduda.jpg
e2ata5ej.jpg
e6a8e9ap.jpg
arazyta5.jpg
ja4epega.jpg
a4uhenet.jpg
ebeje8am.jpg

Sent from my JB'd iOS 7 iPhone 5 using Tapatalk