iOS 7 jailbreak is here

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Regarding tethering....

As to unlimited data users, someone would have to sue verizon or file a complaint with the FCC for that to happen. No one has so far and I am unwilling to do it as the real issue is DOES VERIZON HAVE TO OFFER UNLIMITED DATA AFTER YOUR CONTRACT EXPIRES? I believe the answer to that question is No. So I don't want to push the envelope on this because once a contract expires, they don't have to renew it and that alone could cause the loss of unlimited data.

However, as long as we do have unlimited data, they can't restrict our use of tethering apps on their 4G LTE network as per the terms of their block c licenses. But once our contracts expire, they can eliminate unlimited data for us.

Just to reiterate - as long as Verizon offers me unlimited data, they can't stop me from tethering on their block c spectrum. HOWEVER, once my contract with them expires, they can eliminate my unlimited data plan. They have never done that, though, so I am happy to stay a verizon customer.

So far, Verizon has decided to avoid the negative publicity that would occur if they eliminated unlimited data plans. Instead, they are using carrots to entice people off of unlimited data - subsidized phones and the Data Max plan. Pretty soon very few of us unlimited data plan owners will exist due to these carrots and they are banking on that.

What they can get you for is hacking into their system to avoid paying charges per their terms and conditions.

Is it likely to happen and can it happen are two different things. Threads like this on the internet, which expose a loophole in systems, where certain people get something for free by hacking their phones, cause these providers to initiate clamp downs to eliminate loopholes when there are enough subscribers circumventing the system resulting in loss of revenue.

Take ETFs as one example. If verizon eliminates unlimited data you think subscribers will leave en masse for tmobile or sprint or art?

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Regarding tethering....

What they can get you for is hacking into their system to avoid paying charges per their terms and conditions.

Is it likely to happen and can it happen are two different things. Threads like this on the internet, which expose a loophole in systems, where certain people get something for free by hacking their phones, cause these providers to initiate clamp downs to eliminate loopholes when there are enough subscribers circumventing the system resulting in loss of revenue.

Take ETFs as one example. If verizon eliminates unlimited data you think subscribers will leave en masse for tmobile or sprint?

Seriously these posts need to be moved to another thread.

If you forgot this thread is about the iOS 7 jailbreak and not the FCC or Verizon's policies on using a workaround to get unlimited tethering.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Per the consent decree, Verizon agreed not to block native tethering if you are on a tiered data plan. You should be able to tether on Verizon using your 2GB plan without jailbreaking.

How would I do it though? I get the warning that I have to call Verizon to set it up on my account when I try to use it. I called Verizon before when I first say the ruling and they told me that I still had to pay. I argued with them about the ruling and they said no way. I don't see anyway to do it without jailbreaking my phone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For the record the notifications bug I mentioned earlier I just found out I forgot to setup my notification after restoring *self-faceplam*

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
How would I do it though? I get the warning that I have to call Verizon to set it up on my account when I try to use it. I called Verizon before when I first say the ruling and they told me that I still had to pay. I argued with them about the ruling and they said no way. I don't see anyway to do it without jailbreaking my phone.
I will start a new thread on this.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Added more info to original post.

evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs

Compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad models running iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4

Notes:
- If you updated your device to iOS 7 using OTA (over the air) updates the jailbreak with get stuck on the apple boot logo. So restore to iOS 7.0.4 before you jailbreak.

- there is an issue with the iPad 2 when jailbreaking, the evad3rs team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

Update 1 (December 23th, 2013 12:20 AM eastern time): Do to the events that happened throughout during the day, this is now a use at your own risk jailbreak. I recommend jailbreaking a device that you don't use often to test tweaks as they are updated.

Update 2 (December 23, 2013 9:01 PM eastern time): So based on the posts on reddit from planetbeing & saurik the jailbreak is safe to install and DOES NOT install the Chinese App Store for non-Chinese users. Also it has been comfirm that there is no trace of the Chinese app being installed on non Chinese user devices (I can also confirm this). There was also reports of data being sent out this has also been proven wrong (I can also confirm this). Also the team apparently hasn't gotten paid yet. Saurik has also, via a reply that pod2g posted, been working on updating cydia and mobilesubstrate for iOS 7 & recommends to restore to iOS 7.0.4 if you are waiting and wanting to jailbreak. This info can be taken with a grain of salt.

THIS JAILBREAK IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON YOUR PRIMARY DEVICE until otherwise stated.

(An update is available for cydia)
(Mobilesubstrate still has not been updated for iOS 7 or A7 yet)

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I jailbroke on iPhone 5 and it made everything slower. App open animation ect. Think I will wait until 7.1 released. My beta on my 5 runs faster and smoother than my wife's 5S on 7.0.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkWisus

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I jailbroke on iPhone 5 and it made everything slower. App open animation ect. Think I will wait until 7.1 released. My beta on my 5 runs faster and smoother than my wife's 5S on 7.0.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe because jailbreak isnt used to the A6 processor yet.. Just like if you try to upgrade Iphone 4 to IOS 7,it makes it dramatically slower because it uses a lower processor.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because jailbreak isnt used to the A6 processor yet.. Just like if you try to upgrade Iphone 4 to IOS 7,it makes it dramatically slower because it uses a lower processor.

I can tell you the jailbreak has no effect on the performance on any device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR