iOS 7 jailbreak is here

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
9emu5yhy.jpg
3e6evama.jpg

Here's just a couple screenshots from the pages and pages I scrolled of mentions. The reactions vary widely. Some people claiming others aren't grateful and then others asking how they will ever be trusted again.

I don't care what the supporters say this JB was too sudden unlike the lead up to 6.1 JB there was anticipation, tweets and the evasi0n specifically said there would be no jail break till 6.1 dropped. Now why the change this go around? Cause a shady deal happened and if saurik had known the details I'm sure he would have been disgusted. Yes these devs who do the jailbreaks deserve monetary compensation for working their tails off but not at the expense of the user with compromising exploits and questionable apps.

I will not be supporting evad3rs now and will be watching saurik's twitter closely.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
agreed, JFC, don't they know how bad that looks if they can remotely communicate with your device and do something like that?

They way I understood it, they're remotely communicating with their tool that installs the jailbreak, not the actual device itself. I could be wrong though, it was a pretty ambiguous statement.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
They way I understood it, they're remotely communicating with their tool that installs the jailbreak, not the actual device itself. I could be wrong though, it was a pretty ambiguous statement.
Ok, well, they have damaged their brand more by not explaining that if that is the case.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Untethered iOS 7 Jailbreak released by Evasi0n

Very popular member of the iOS Jailbreak community, Evasi0n has released a jailbreak for iOS7 running devices. Expected to be compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad mini, the only prerequisite is that the device should be running iOS 7.0.4.
Evasi0n-iOS-7-Jailbreak-iOS7-1024x820.jpg
The installer is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux so no matter what operating system you?re on, you should be able to jailbreak your device. You?ll need iTunes installed on your machine if you?re running Windows. The complete instructions are mentioned below:

Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you?ll always be able to recover your data.
Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
If the process gets stuck somewhere, it?s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can?t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ?Open.? On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ?Open? as well.
Keep in mind that you will void you warranty when you jailbreak your phone so proceed with caution. Additionally, we?re not to be held responsible if you end up bricking your device.
evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Strange that Cydia isn't offering these devs enough to make it worth their while. I've no problem with them partnering with another App Store. I won't jailbreak though. I barely trusted Cydia and prior jailbreaks (actually it was for blind faith than trust). This is too much of a hassle now.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I jb my 5s. All went smoothly but I guess it will take some time before all of the jb program to update to iOS 7.

Like ifunbox

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon by the open access restriction terms of its block C licenses cannot do anything about it. Verizon has different terms in their licenses unlike ATT, which is not subject to the open access restrictions.

This is why I will never leave Verizon - I have truly, unthrottled, unlimited data on Verizon.

So AT&T will find if I use mywi ?

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am not on ATT so I have no first hand experience. But my understanding from reading what others post is that ATT can determine that you are tethering another device to your phone.

Hmmmm ok that's why I missed sprint. because when I had the 4s I used mywi and it worked flawless and I wasn't charged and I don't wanna get caught up using it with AT&T

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I jail broke roughly minutes after i saw the tweet. Was curious why not all things were working, Then i saw all the tweets, and forums going nuts. At first i was mad that there was any talk of piracy, or backstabbing, then i realized i jailbroke my phone, no one MADE me do it. Isn't the end user made away that jail breaking comes with a risk? Why couldn't the developers just say to the entire community "Hey, don't update your phone past 7.0.4, hint, hint".

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes,

Can there be 2 different jailbreak methods for the same device? I kind of understand what is going on between the developers, but if there can be more than one method the end user be able to choose which is right for them? I feel bad for both parties.

I remember when the 6.0 jail break was being released there was a lot of hidden messages like "this weekend might be special, etc"

I am sure this will all be sorted out soon.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i have...thats okay you can believe what you want. However, you might want to post a link to the FCC decree that says it's okay to you to jailbreak your phone to tether your phone, if your phone does not have that feature turned on. That's theft of service.