iOS 7 jailbreak is here

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to lie...today's information about what was included with the jailbreak has me very VERY apprehensive to jailbreak my device at all. They express no "issues" with the added pieces, but personally, it's a bit too shady for my liking or trust.

There have been some non-verified reports online of people who checked the coding and said the chinese app store stuff is not the only snuck in software.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to lie...today's information about what was included with the jailbreak has me very VERY apprehensive to jailbreak my device at all. They express no "issues" with the added pieces, but personally, it's a bit too shady for my liking or trust.

There have been some non-verified reports online of people who checked the coding and said the chinese app store stuff is not the only snuck in software.
what else?

I was going to jailbreak my mom's iPhone but now I can't do it without worrying what I have done to her device :(

I fear they have really hurt their brand in a way that they may be unable to recover from.

I wonder why saurik was partnering with another group to develop a jail break?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. I immediately restored to remove the JB. Besides nothing is worth installing as far as tweaks. I'll wait until the smoke clears and can trust this JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm uninstalling the jailbreak cause there is a bug with notification that I found that is going to drive me nuts if I have to deal with it any longer

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel like 7.0.4 isn't stable enough for me to have jailbroken without tweaks. It's not worth it in my opinion

It was stable on my 5S without any tweaks installed, but their is a bug that I found that would drive me nuts if I kept my 5S jailbroken

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the JB let's them take control of your device as if it was some sort of RAT (Remote Access Trojan/Tool)

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4

Yup that right there is not make me want to jailbreak at all, hopefully musclenerd updates redsn0w with the iOS 7 untether payload.

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yup that right there is not make me want to jailbreak at all, hopefully musclenerd updates redsn0w with the iOS 7 untether payload.

Thank god winocm won't be having any of this in his 6.1.x untethered JB like he said in one of his tweets

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank god winocm won't be having any of this in his 6.1.x untethered JB like he said in one of his tweets

Yea

I'm actually hoping that the rumours of geohot returning are true cause we need a bootrom exploit more than ever now.

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yea

I'm actually hoping that the rumours of geohot returning are true cause we need a bootrom exploit more than ever now.

If he can find one, which I believe he can, he might have a hard time cause Apple may patch the exploits used in the new and quickly pushed 7.0.x JB

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If he can find one, which I believe he can, he might have a hard time cause Apple may patch the exploits used in the new and quickly pushed 7.0.x JB

Bootrom exploits are only patched via hardware updates not software

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh I thought that the iOS 7 JB used some hardware and software exploits not software alone

The iOS 7 jailbreak uses userland exploits same as the iOS 6 & 5 jailbreaks for A5 & up devices

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
what else?

I was going to jailbreak my mom's iPhone but now I can't do it without worrying what I have done to her device :(

I fear they have really hurt their brand in a way that they may be unable to recover from.

I wonder why saurik was partnering with another group to develop a jail break?

Im not really sure what the stuff is...reddit has quite a few users that did a scan of the coding and listed things that were probably not obvious "problems" but were more flags (for lack of better term) for add ons and back door software. I just don't trust it...this is the first time I have ever seen a jailbreak that was obscured with so much junk, and that doesn't bode well to me, especially when the tweaks I'd do to my iPhone don't stand out as worthy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR