iOS 7 jailbreak is here

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I jail broke roughly minutes after i saw the tweet. Was curious why not all things were working, Then i saw all the tweets, and forums going nuts. At first i was mad that there was any talk of piracy, or backstabbing, then i realized i jailbroke my phone, no one MADE me do it. Isn't the end user made away that jail breaking comes with a risk? Why couldn't the developers just say to the entire community "Hey, don't update your phone past 7.0.4, hint, hint".

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes,

Can there be 2 different jailbreak methods for the same device? I kind of understand what is going on between the developers, but if there can be more than one method the end user be able to choose which is right for them? I feel bad for both parties.

I remember when the 6.0 jail break was being released there was a lot of hidden messages like "this weekend might be special, etc"

I am sure this will all be sorted out soon.

The iOS 5 jailbreak had two different methods of installing but both used the same untether payload + exploits.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i have...thats okay you can believe what you want.
If you have, then you need to work on your reading comprehension and educate yourself about the law. I am not "believing what I want"; I am analyzing legal documents with a full understanding of the law. As opposed to you.

However, you might want to post a link to the FCC decree that says it's okay to you to jailbreak your phone to tether your phone, if your phone does not have that feature turned on.
Anyone can google the consent decree if they want to read it. The consent decree is not about what you are claiming it is about. The FCC fined Verizon for its violation of the open access restrictions in its block c licenses.

That's theft of service.
clearly you are not a lawyer, you just play one on the internet. And not a very good one at that, lol!

And on IGNORE you go - I don't suffer fools who think they are lawyers, lol!

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
All bs. Theft of service sorry. Call verizon, give them your phone number and ask them if you got the nerve.

Btw obviously you are not a lawyer either.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Tethering without an applicable data plan or option on your account violates the terms and conditions you agree to abide by when agreeing to service... companies have not always enforced the t&c as rigidly as they could... just beware and be aware that when/if they determine you are in violation of the t&c, they can, and will act. Don't complain about that when it happens.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting post on reddit:

I'm investigating Evasi0n7 for myself : jailbreak

It's not really whether or not this particular jailbreak installs anything malicious or not - it's a bigger picture about the team behind this being willing to "sell out" to a Chinese company that may be at the very least questionable in their involvement in nefarious activity including app piracy... do I want to open my phone up to a jailbreak exploit that is "under the influence" of a company dealing in hacked/cracked pirated apps and maybe who knows what else? No, I don't...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tethering without an applicable data plan or option on your account violates the terms and conditions you agree to abide by when agreeing to service... companies have not always enforced the t&c as rigidly as they could... just beware and be aware that when/if they determine you are in violation of the t&c, they can, and will act. Don't complain about that when it happens.

I know with my contract that I recently signed with bell when I got my iPhone it says that any unauthorized use of data via phone modification can result in termination of services (plus apparently if you go over 25 GB of data usage you are throttled to 16 Kbps)

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Tethering without an applicable data plan or option on your account violates the terms and conditions you agree to abide by when agreeing to service...
I don't have the time or the patience to explain all of the applicable law on this to you. But I will educate you this much (and then I am done on this topic because discussing the law with non-attorneys who think they know the law yet are completely ignorant of key legal points raises my blood pressure too much):

1) It is Verizon's position that data plans are not part of your contract, rather they are features. That is VERIZON's position, not mine;
2) Verizon is subject to open access restrictions on their 4G LTE network;
3) Verizon has in the past done things that violated those restrictions and has been fined for doing so;
4) Just because a company puts something in a contract DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS ENFORCEABLE OR EVEN LEGAL; and
5) Just because a company's position is that something is or is not part of a contract DOES NOT MEAN THAT THAT POSITION WOULD PREVAIL IN A COURT OF LAW.

Anyhow, those of you who think just because a company takes a position then they must be legally correct are incredibly naive.

companies have not always enforced the t&c as rigidly as they could... just beware and be aware that when/if they determine you are in violation of the t&c, they can, and will act. Don't complain about that when it happens.
Ain't gonna happen with Verizon because of the open access restrictions in their block c licenses. They know they don't have a legal leg to stand on. That is why they are now offering anyone with an unlimited data plan a 6GB data plan + subsidized upgrades for the same $30/mo. They know they can't restrict our use of the 4G LTE network. Otherwise they would have by now, just like ATT does.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
T&C... contract... you don't need to explain squat. Using a device contrary to your contract & T&C is actionable by the service provider.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not really whether or not this particular jailbreak installs anything malicious or not - it's a bigger picture about the team behind this being willing to "sell out" to a Chinese company that may be at the very least questionable in their involvement in nefarious activity including app piracy... do I want to open my phone up to a jailbreak exploit that is "under the influence" of a company dealing in hacked/cracked pirated apps and maybe who knows what else? No, I don't...

I know about the big picture, the damage is already done, there is nothing they can do to save it now. I'm just posting it cause it's still interesting info.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I know with my contract that I recently signed with bell
I am talking only about Verizon's 4G LTE network in the US. Verizon, unlike any other US carrier, agreed to open access restrictions when they licensed block C. You can read up on this, including Google's involvement in the process, by doing an internet search.

What I am saying does not apply to any other US carrier and only applies to Verizon's use of the block c spectrum in the US, which is the spectrum they use for their 4G LTE network. Verizon is not subject to open access restrictions on the spectrum they use for their 3G network in the US and so they can and do throttle on 3G.

Interestingly, they have started booting people off their 4G LTE network onto their 3G network in heavily congested metro areas. We will see how that plays out if someone wants to complain to the FCC about it.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can the tethering discussion be moved to a different forum or new thread? Kind of getting off topic in this thread...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Can the tethering discussion be moved to a different forum or new thread? Kind of getting off topic in this thread...

Apologies for participating in the threadjack... but it is tangentially related to jailbreaking as using MyWi is one of the reasons people will want to jailbreak... people need to beware and be aware of possible consequences.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Apologies for participating in the threadjack... but it is tangentially related to jailbreaking as using MyWi is one of the reasons people will want to jailbreak... people need to beware and be aware of possible consequences.

I know, but this thread is confusing enough with the iOS 7 jailbreak events, I just don't want to confuse others reading this plus the tethered discussion. (Plus the tethering discussion might go on for a while...)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner