I feel like 7.0.4 isn't stable enough for me to have jailbroken without tweaks. It's not worth it in my opinion
    It was stable on my 5S without any tweaks installed, but their is a bug that I found that would drive me nuts if I kept my 5S jailbroken

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 08:59 PM
    I'm uninstalling the jailbreak cause there is a bug with notification that I found that is going to drive me nuts if I have to deal with it any longer
    what is it?
    12-22-2013 09:02 PM
    what is it?
    My phone would sometimes not vibrate when I got a text or iMessage or notification but it was very random on when it would occur.

DayThyme likes this.
    12-22-2013 09:04 PM
    https://twitter.com/pod2g/status/414942393830756352

I don't like the word remotely...

mick3444 likes this.
    12-22-2013 09:23 PM

agreed, JFC, don't they know how bad that looks if they can remotely communicate with your device and do something like that?
    12-22-2013 09:28 PM

Sounds like the JB let's them take control of your device as if it was some sort of RAT (Remote Access Trojan/Tool)

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4
    12-22-2013 09:37 PM
    Sounds like the JB let's them take control of your device as if it was some sort of RAT (Remote Access Trojan/Tool)

Yup that right there is not make me want to jailbreak at all, hopefully musclenerd updates redsn0w with the iOS 7 untether payload.

12-22-2013 09:41 PM
    Yup that right there is not make me want to jailbreak at all, hopefully musclenerd updates redsn0w with the iOS 7 untether payload.

Thank god winocm won't be having any of this in his 6.1.x untethered JB like he said in one of his tweets

12-22-2013 09:42 PM
    Thank god winocm won't be having any of this in his 6.1.x untethered JB like he said in one of his tweets

Yea

I'm actually hoping that the rumours of geohot returning are true cause we need a bootrom exploit more than ever now.

12-22-2013 09:48 PM
    Yea

I'm actually hoping that the rumours of geohot returning are true cause we need a bootrom exploit more than ever now.

If he can find one, which I believe he can, he might have a hard time cause Apple may patch the exploits used in the new and quickly pushed 7.0.x JB

12-22-2013 09:50 PM
    If he can find one, which I believe he can, he might have a hard time cause Apple may patch the exploits used in the new and quickly pushed 7.0.x JB

Bootrom exploits are only patched via hardware updates not software

12-22-2013 09:51 PM
    Bootrom exploits are only patched via hardware updates not software

Oh I thought that the iOS 7 JB used some hardware and software exploits not software alone

12-22-2013 09:53 PM
    Oh I thought that the iOS 7 JB used some hardware and software exploits not software alone

The iOS 7 jailbreak uses userland exploits same as the iOS 6 & 5 jailbreaks for A5 & up devices

098v likes this.
    12-22-2013 09:54 PM
    The iOS 7 jailbreak uses userland exploits same as the iOS 6 & 5 jailbreaks for A5 & up devices

Ahh okay thanks for the explanation

12-22-2013 09:55 PM
    what else?

I was going to jailbreak my mom's iPhone but now I can't do it without worrying what I have done to her device

I fear they have really hurt their brand in a way that they may be unable to recover from.

I wonder why saurik was partnering with another group to develop a jail break?
    Im not really sure what the stuff is...reddit has quite a few users that did a scan of the coding and listed things that were probably not obvious "problems" but were more flags (for lack of better term) for add ons and back door software. I just don't trust it...this is the first time I have ever seen a jailbreak that was obscured with so much junk, and that doesn't bode well to me, especially when the tweaks I'd do to my iPhone don't stand out as worthy.
    12-22-2013 09:55 PM

Here's just a couple screenshots from the pages and pages I scrolled of mentions. The reactions vary widely. Some people claiming others aren't grateful and then others asking how they will ever be trusted again.

I don't care what the supporters say this JB was too sudden unlike the lead up to 6.1 JB there was anticipation, tweets and the evasi0n specifically said there would be no jail break till 6.1 dropped. Now why the change this go around? Cause a shady deal happened and if saurik had known the details I'm sure he would have been disgusted. Yes these devs who do the jailbreaks deserve monetary compensation for working their tails off but not at the expense of the user with compromising exploits and questionable apps.

I will not be supporting evad3rs now and will be watching saurik's twitter closely.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    12-22-2013 09:56 PM
    agreed, JFC, don't they know how bad that looks if they can remotely communicate with your device and do something like that?
    They way I understood it, they're remotely communicating with their tool that installs the jailbreak, not the actual device itself. I could be wrong though, it was a pretty ambiguous statement.
    12-22-2013 10:04 PM
    They way I understood it, they're remotely communicating with their tool that installs the jailbreak, not the actual device itself. I could be wrong though, it was a pretty ambiguous statement.
    Ok, well, they have damaged their brand more by not explaining that if that is the case.
    12-22-2013 10:07 PM
    Untethered iOS 7 Jailbreak released by Evasi0n

Very popular member of the iOS Jailbreak community, Evasi0n has released a jailbreak for iOS7 running devices. Expected to be compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad mini, the only prerequisite is that the device should be running iOS 7.0.4.
    iOS 7 jailbreak is here-evasi0n-ios-7-jailbreak-ios7-1024x820.jpg
    The installer is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux so no matter what operating system youre on, you should be able to jailbreak your device. Youll need iTunes installed on your machine if youre running Windows. The complete instructions are mentioned below:

Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, youll always be able to recover your data.
    Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
    Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
    If the process gets stuck somewhere, its safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
    If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n cant be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose Open. On the ensuing dialogue box, choose Open as well.
    Keep in mind that you will void you warranty when you jailbreak your phone so proceed with caution. Additionally, were not to be held responsible if you end up bricking your device.
    evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs
    12-22-2013 11:45 PM
    Strange that Cydia isn't offering these devs enough to make it worth their while. I've no problem with them partnering with another App Store. I won't jailbreak though. I barely trusted Cydia and prior jailbreaks (actually it was for blind faith than trust). This is too much of a hassle now.
    12-22-2013 11:50 PM
    Updated original post to reflect yesterday's events.

12-23-2013 12:22 AM
    What a mess!!
    12-23-2013 12:53 AM
    Screw it, I've gone full Insanity Wolf and jb'ed my Mini and my 5.
    swarlos likes this.
    12-23-2013 01:45 AM
    I jb my 5s. All went smoothly but I guess it will take some time before all of the jb program to update to iOS 7.

Like ifunbox

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    12-23-2013 02:32 AM
    No it's theft of service.
    12-23-2013 07:51 AM
469 ... 45678 ...