Evad3rs have just released news on the iOS 7 JB info and what's happening http://evasi0n.com/l.html

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4
    12-22-2013 03:45 PM
    Evad3rs have just released news on the iOS 7 JB info and what's happening Letter to the Community
    so they are saying saurik was working with another group on a jailbreak so they rushed their jailbreak out ahead of them?
    12-22-2013 03:55 PM
    Evad3rs have just released news on the iOS 7 JB info and what's happening http://evasi0n.com/l.html

Still doesn't put some of the rumours to rest... Some people have said that the app is on the phone even if your not in china so...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 04:00 PM
    Still doesn't put some of the rumours to rest... Some people have said that the app is on the phone even if your not in china so...

Hopefully they will explain that too

so they are saying saurik was working with another group on a jailbreak so they rushed their jailbreak out ahead of them?
    I believe so

DayThyme likes this.
    Hopefully they will explain that too

I'm more concerned about the personal info part than no tweaks working, I can deal with no tweaks

12-22-2013 04:02 PM
    I'm more concerned about the personal info part than no tweaks working, I can deal with no tweaks

Yea tweaks are optional hell I barely even use them but the personal info has gotten me real riled up like how could they have let this go through out of all things!

12-22-2013 04:03 PM
    Yea tweaks are optional hell I barely even use them but the personal info has gotten me real riled up like how could they have let this go through out of all things!

I have a program that let's me browse my ios device to a certain point depending if I'm jailbroken or not, but it's still saying my device is jailed still (but cydia works no problem) so I can't check for any other files yet.

12-22-2013 04:05 PM
    I'm going to leave my 5S jailbroken for now and see what happens over the next few days

Jrome.brooks likes this.
    12-22-2013 04:06 PM
    I still think the proper thing for them to do is repackage the jailbreak without that app and give the money back.

12-22-2013 04:16 PM
    This whole situation just seems like a huge mess. A half-working jailbreak, sketchy app stores, obfuscation, in-fighting...whatever small benefits I would get from jailbreaking just don't seem worth it anymore.
    12-22-2013 04:40 PM
    if you have verizon unlimited data, the benefit is huge because you can tether for free if you jailbreak.
    iRy757 likes this.
    12-22-2013 04:48 PM
    if you have verizon unlimited data, the benefit is huge because you can tether for free if you jailbreak.
    Unless verizon figures it out.
    12-22-2013 05:15 PM
    Unless verizon figures it out.
    Verizon by the open access restriction terms of its block C licenses cannot do anything about it. Verizon has different terms in their licenses unlike ATT, which is not subject to the open access restrictions.

This is why I will never leave Verizon - I have truly, unthrottled, unlimited data on Verizon.
    Premium1 likes this.
    12-22-2013 05:22 PM
    Like others, I am surprised they released it before 7.1 is out. Hopefully for those who JB, 7.1 doesn't patch the exploits evaders use.
    12-22-2013 06:17 PM
    Verizon by the open access restriction terms of its block C licenses cannot do anything about it. Verizon has different terms in their licenses unlike ATT, which is not subject to the open access restrictions.

This is why I will never leave Verizon - I have truly, unthrottled, unlimited data on Verizon.
    Until with VoLTE they force you into new plans.
    12-22-2013 06:17 PM
    Hmmm... (Take this with a grain of salt)

https://twitter.com/pod2g/status/414900449960280064

12-22-2013 06:41 PM
    Until with VoLTE they force you into new plans.
    so far, verizon has never not honored a grandfathered plan unless you chose to make a change. But only time will tell.
    12-22-2013 06:48 PM
    Now might be a good time to read pod2G's timeline on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 06:50 PM
    Now might be a good time to read pod2G's timeline on twitter
    he is saying that only if your language is chinese is the Taig store installed. Can anyone who has jailbroken confirm that if you change your language to chinese it doesn't install on your device?
    12-22-2013 07:07 PM
    I'm not going to lie...today's information about what was included with the jailbreak has me very VERY apprehensive to jailbreak my device at all. They express no "issues" with the added pieces, but personally, it's a bit too shady for my liking or trust.

There have been some non-verified reports online of people who checked the coding and said the chinese app store stuff is not the only snuck in software.
    12-22-2013 07:32 PM
    I'm not going to lie...today's information about what was included with the jailbreak has me very VERY apprehensive to jailbreak my device at all. They express no "issues" with the added pieces, but personally, it's a bit too shady for my liking or trust.

There have been some non-verified reports online of people who checked the coding and said the chinese app store stuff is not the only snuck in software.
    what else?

I was going to jailbreak my mom's iPhone but now I can't do it without worrying what I have done to her device

I fear they have really hurt their brand in a way that they may be unable to recover from.

I wonder why saurik was partnering with another group to develop a jail break?
    12-22-2013 07:39 PM

I'm in the same boat. I immediately restored to remove the JB. Besides nothing is worth installing as far as tweaks. I'll wait until the smoke clears and can trust this JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 08:30 PM
    I feel like 7.0.4 isn't stable enough for me to have jailbroken without tweaks. It's not worth it in my opinion
    12-22-2013 08:46 PM
    I'm uninstalling the jailbreak cause there is a bug with notification that I found that is going to drive me nuts if I have to deal with it any longer

DayThyme likes this.
    12-22-2013 08:49 PM
469 ... 34567 ...