Just go http://www.idownloadblog.com

Has all info on working ios 7 working MS FIX. changing icon with ifile for you NOOBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not a noob and I don't want to download something from Cydia until the official MS is released by Saurik.
    12-28-2013 06:39 PM
    I'm not a noob and I don't want to download something from Cydia until the official MS is released by Saurik.
    Yeah, and I can't find anything on idownload blog that reported about Saurik approving an unofficial fix for MS.

iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-28-2013 06:45 PM
    The MS fix only performs one function. It keeps MS running. The current issue with MS for non 5s devices is it needs to be reinstalled after reboots to keep it there. Sometimes, you'll run into an issue where you need to reinstall MS after installing another tweak to get it running.

It doesn't actually modify MS in any way. It's just making sure Saurik's MS keeps running. It's not an unofficial MS. It's not even MS. It's just a small script.

You're free to wait. But, you should be aware before making those decisions. Another thing to be aware of, not all tweaks require MS. Most do. But, installing those that don't use MS won't change after MS is released.
    12-28-2013 06:46 PM
    Saurik has advised AGAINST using anything other than an official MS release. These are his words on Reddit:

Saurik recently took to Reddit to respond to a widely used third-party Mobile Substrate patch that claims to "load all tweaks without a reboot or respring" on iOS 7. The patch doesn't fix tweaks for the 64-bit A7 chip, but it does claim to fix Mobile Substrate for iOS 7. If you were thinking about grabbing it, you may want to read Saurik's response about why you shouldn't:

"This is horribly dangerous: MSHookFunction is not designed to be used on functions that might actively be running; this makes Substrate get injected into launchd while launchd is loading launch daemons... no one should install this; it doesn't even solve the problem remotely correctly for anything but SpringBoard/backboardd, and will end up leaving you with Substrate having been randomly applied to different background processes."

As usual, important dependencies like Mobile Substrate should not be installed until you know it came from a reputable source. In this case, we wouldnt recommend installing Mobile Substrate, or any patch for the software, from anyone but Saurik, as he is the creator of this software. Third-party developers that are creating patches for Mobile Substrate often don't know what they're doing, and if you install their patches, you run the risk of having to restore your iOS device and re-jailbreak it.
    thatgirl87 and iOS Gravity like this.
    12-28-2013 07:08 PM
    I know everyone once a jailbreak, we've waited this long, waiting a little while longer wouldn't hurt.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    12-28-2013 07:09 PM
    I don't have any use for it anyways. So I undid the jailbreak. I jailbroke twice and now I feel stupid that I wasted time jailbreaking when I have no use with the features of jailbreaking on my newer devices. Oh well, good luck for those of you who are.
    12-28-2013 08:45 PM
    Saurik has advised AGAINST using anything other than an official MS release. These are his words on Reddit:

Saurik recently took to Reddit to respond to a widely used third-party Mobile Substrate patch that claims to "load all tweaks without a reboot or respring" on iOS 7. The patch doesn't fix tweaks for the 64-bit A7 chip, but it does claim to fix Mobile Substrate for iOS 7. If you were thinking about grabbing it, you may want to read Saurik's response about why you shouldn't:

"This is horribly dangerous: MSHookFunction is not designed to be used on functions that might actively be running; this makes Substrate get injected into launchd while launchd is loading launch daemons... no one should install this; it doesn't even solve the problem remotely correctly for anything but SpringBoard/backboardd, and will end up leaving you with Substrate having been randomly applied to different background processes."

As usual, important dependencies like Mobile Substrate should not be installed until you know it came from a reputable source. In this case, we wouldn’t recommend installing Mobile Substrate, or any patch for the software, from anyone but Saurik, as he is the creator of this software. Third-party developers that are creating patches for Mobile Substrate often don't know what they're doing, and if you install their patches, you run the risk of having to restore your iOS device and re-jailbreak it.
    Do you have a link to that post? The excerpt you posted doesn't match what you said.

Those words are suggesting against loading a tweak call bootstrap(or something similar). The other fix going around doesn't use that method.

Saurik saying "you shouldn't use this one method" is not the same as Saurik saying "you shouldn't use any methods."

The fix ISN'T another MS. It's a two line bash script that ensures MS is active.
    12-29-2013 04:20 AM
    Do you have a link to that post? The excerpt you posted doesn't match what you said.

Those words are suggesting against loading a tweak call bootstrap(or something similar). The other fix going around doesn't use that method.

Saurik saying "you shouldn't use this one method" is not the same as Saurik saying "you shouldn't use any methods."

The fix ISN'T another MS. It's a two line bash script that ensures MS is active.
    It's your device and you can do what you want but Saurik advised against it.
    Last edited by galaxyboy; 12-29-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    12-29-2013 03:40 PM
    It'c your device and you can do what you want but Saurik advised against it.
    Actually, he didn't. In fact, he says he probably should have used this technique in his fix for MS.

Better mobile substrate fix with no issues : jailbreak

Saurik: This only works on evasi0n 1.0.1 because it relies on the feature I had evad3rs add so I could solve this problem "correctly". In that light, it probably does work (it is not "dangerous" as I described the previous ones), but there is still little point in installing it because clearly a new build of Substrate would come out soon using this new feature I got from evad3rs ;P. (Which didn't happen yet as I took Christmas Eve/Day mostly as a holiday.)

(This does, btw, also argue that what I should have had them do is just reactivate launchd.conf... or maybe done that in addition to the rc.d thing... I kind of thought about that a couple days later, wasn't certain if it would work, and didn't have the energy to go back and beg for a different feature. Whatever... the rc.d thing probably needed to be done someday anyway... but maybe I will try to talk to planetbeing today.)
    got556 and iOS Gravity like this.
    12-29-2013 04:13 PM
    Just installed FlipControlcenter from http://rpetri.ch/repo/. Highly recommend it. Makes your control center so much more and is very clean.

Sent from my JB'd iOS 7 iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-29-2013 05:40 PM
    Actually, he didn't. In fact, he says he probably should have used this technique in his fix for MS.

Better mobile substrate fix with no issues : jailbreak

Saurik: This only works on evasi0n 1.0.1 because it relies on the feature I had evad3rs add so I could solve this problem "correctly". In that light, it probably does work (it is not "dangerous" as I described the previous ones), but there is still little point in installing it because clearly a new build of Substrate would come out soon using this new feature I got from evad3rs ;P. (Which didn't happen yet as I took Christmas Eve/Day mostly as a holiday.)

(This does, btw, also argue that what I should have had them do is just reactivate launchd.conf... or maybe done that in addition to the rc.d thing... I kind of thought about that a couple days later, wasn't certain if it would work, and didn't have the energy to go back and beg for a different feature. Whatever... the rc.d thing probably needed to be done someday anyway... but maybe I will try to talk to planetbeing today.)
    New development. Good luck with whatever you do, but I'm only downloading the official MS.
    12-29-2013 08:11 PM
    Just installed FlipControlcenter from rpetri.ch repo. Highly recommend it. Makes your control center so much more and is very clean.

can you post a screen shot? Would love to see how it changed.
    12-29-2013 08:14 PM
    I can't wait for Saurik to release the fix for MS. I miss my jailbreak.

This post was made by Tiffany
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-29-2013 08:19 PM
    can you post a screen shot? Would love to see how it changed.
    Here ya go

Rockdog97 likes this.
    12-29-2013 08:42 PM
    That looks nice.
    12-29-2013 09:31 PM
    Ya it is pretty clean and on point. Only issue i have noticed is turning off LTE to use 3G with the quick control then trying to turn LTE back on, it won't allow LTE to reconnect. Have to do airplane mode then turn airplane mode off. Could be totally unrelated to the app however. But that was the first time I had tried toggling LTE.

12-29-2013 09:36 PM
    New development. Good luck with whatever you do, but I'm only downloading the official MS.
    New, as in posted three days prior to your post contradicting it? Then yes, it's new.

Based on your reply, I'm forced to believe you still don't understand what the rest of us are talking about.

This is not a substitute to MS. It's not another MS. It's Saurik's MS. The script just eliminates the need to reinstall MS after each reboot. It is the "official MS" you're eagerly awaiting.
    12-29-2013 09:36 PM
    New, as in posted three days prior to your post contradicting it? Then yes, it's new.

Based on your reply, I'm forced to believe you still don't understand what the rest of us are talking about.

This is not a substitute to MS. It's not another MS. It's Saurik's MS. The script just eliminates the need to reinstall MS after each reboot. It is the "official MS" you're eagerly awaiting.
    Is it iPhone 5S compatible? Has anyone with a 5S tried this yet? I don't want to brick my phone.

iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-29-2013 09:41 PM
    Is it iPhone 5S compatible? Has anyone with a 5S tried this yet? I don't want to brick my phone.

No. It's using the current MS. That hasn't been updated for 5S yet. You're about the only group of users that can't use the "fix." I posted Saurik's words higher up in this thread. You can read what he says about it there.

I'd be surprised if you're waiting beyond Tuesday for the MS update that includes 5S functionality.
    thatgirl87 likes this.
    12-29-2013 09:46 PM
    12-29-2013 09:58 PM
    I wasn't aware of hardly anything working with the A7 chips. I am however finding people commenting that it does work on their 5S so I guess try at your own risk. Also be advised there are some toggles that simply aren't working right now. But this is a beta app.

iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-29-2013 10:03 PM
    MS was updated this morning for full support renamed cydia substrate

got556 likes this.
    12-31-2013 07:32 AM
    Mobile substrate has been updated for iOS 7 & arm64 and renamed to cydia substrate.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-31-2013 07:46 AM
    Added and edited info in original post.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    got556 likes this.
    12-31-2013 07:54 AM
    So I am good to JB my iphone5 now and tweak to my heart's desire!?!??
    12-31-2013 09:17 AM
469 ... 1213141516 ...