Jailbreaking my Mini on 7.1 Beta 2...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
    12-24-2013 11:09 AM
    Added more info to original post.

evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs

Compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad models running iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4

Notes:
    - If you updated your device to iOS 7 using OTA (over the air) updates the jailbreak with get stuck on the apple boot logo. So restore to iOS 7.0.4 before you jailbreak.

- there is an issue with the iPad 2 when jailbreaking, the evad3rs team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

Update 1 (December 23th, 2013 12:20 AM eastern time): Do to the events that happened throughout during the day, this is now a use at your own risk jailbreak. I recommend jailbreaking a device that you don't use often to test tweaks as they are updated.

Update 2 (December 23, 2013 9:01 PM eastern time): So based on the posts on reddit from planetbeing & saurik the jailbreak is safe to install and DOES NOT install the Chinese App Store for non-Chinese users. Also it has been comfirm that there is no trace of the Chinese app being installed on non Chinese user devices (I can also confirm this). There was also reports of data being sent out this has also been proven wrong (I can also confirm this). Also the team apparently hasn't gotten paid yet. Saurik has also, via a reply that pod2g posted, been working on updating cydia and mobilesubstrate for iOS 7 & recommends to restore to iOS 7.0.4 if you are waiting and wanting to jailbreak. This info can be taken with a grain of salt.

THIS JAILBREAK IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON YOUR PRIMARY DEVICE until otherwise stated.

(An update is available for cydia)
    (Mobilesubstrate still has not been updated for iOS 7 or A7 yet)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

12-24-2013 11:17 AM
    I jailbroke on iPhone 5 and it made everything slower. App open animation ect. Think I will wait until 7.1 released. My beta on my 5 runs faster and smoother than my wife's 5S on 7.0.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-24-2013 01:30 PM
    I jailbroke on iPhone 5 and it made everything slower. App open animation ect. Think I will wait until 7.1 released. My beta on my 5 runs faster and smoother than my wife's 5S on 7.0.4

Maybe because jailbreak isnt used to the A6 processor yet.. Just like if you try to upgrade Iphone 4 to IOS 7,it makes it dramatically slower because it uses a lower processor.
    12-24-2013 02:05 PM
    Maybe because jailbreak isnt used to the A6 processor yet.. Just like if you try to upgrade Iphone 4 to IOS 7,it makes it dramatically slower because it uses a lower processor.
    I can tell you the jailbreak has no effect on the performance on any device.

12-24-2013 04:21 PM
    i also run 10.6.8 and thats what it says too.
    12-24-2013 06:43 PM
    I can tell you the jailbreak has no effect on the performance on any device.

I guess I'm lying that it lags my iPhone 5.

12-24-2013 09:43 PM
    I guess I'm lying that it lags my iPhone 5.

The jailbreak itself no, tweaks that you install can affect performance though.

iOS Gravity likes this.
    12-24-2013 09:55 PM
    The evasi0n untether program has been updated to remove the "Chinese App Store" completely.

https://twitter.com/pod2g/status/415662598307454976

12-24-2013 09:58 PM
    The jailbreak itself no, tweaks that you install can affect performance though.

Was no tweaks for iOS 7. Just cydia. But at the time cydia was unofficial. Have to rejailbreak with the updated evasi0n 1.0.1 with official cydia.

12-24-2013 09:59 PM
    Was no tweaks for iOS 7. Just cydia. But at the time cydia was unofficial. Have to rejailbreak with the updated evasi0n 1.0.1 with official cydia.

Hmm... Sounds like something is running in the background...

12-24-2013 10:07 PM
    Hmm... Sounds like something is running in the background...

Not a noob. I did a fresh restore then jailbroke. No apps on and disabled background apps. Will see if 1.0.1 fixed that after my Christmas. 🎅🎅

12-24-2013 10:19 PM
    Hi Guys,

I am nooby so asking this question regarding the jailbreak process.
    In the process it is said that if you ever updated your iPhone via OTA then full restore (via .ipa file) is recommended and then jailbreak , I just want to know that in this case I will lost my all the installed apps. So how to get all the apps back after jailbreak.
    Can someone clear my doubt or tell me exact process.
    12-25-2013 09:42 PM
    Hi Guys,

I am nooby so asking this question regarding the jailbreak process.
    In the process it is said that if you ever updated your iPhone via OTA then full restore (via .ipa file) is recommended and then jailbreak , I just want to know that in this case I will lost my all the installed apps. So how to get all the apps back after jailbreak.
    Can someone clear my doubt or tell me exact process.
    All you need to do is a backup through iTunes then make sure you have 7.0.4 downloaded to restore your iPhone. To do the restore make sure your iPhone is plugged into your computer and iTunes is running. To put your iPhone into DFU mode to restore the software simply hold the sleep/wake button and home button together till your phone reboots wait till the apple logo appears and then let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button until the screen says plug into iTunes. Once that shows a screen on iTunes will appear saying it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Simply hit restore find the file for 7.0.4 then restore the software. Once your phone is restored simply pick your backup and voila your settings and apps will be restored now you can commence with the jail break. Hope that helps.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    Vijay Pal and dcharleyultra like this.
    12-25-2013 09:55 PM
    I did as explained above , but didn't ask for the downloaded file and automatically started extracting files and restored and then I restored backup, is it safe now to proceed for jailbreak ...?
    12-26-2013 05:26 AM
    What a waste of time , I jailbroke my 5s then realised nothing is compatible.Restore in progress
    12-26-2013 06:53 AM
    Holding sleep and home when plugged into iTunes is just a restore not DFU mode. DFU will not show a plug into iTunes. DFU is press and hold sleep for 3 sec, still holding sleep and press and hold the home buttons for 10 sec. Then release the sleep but still hold the home for about 30 sec. If done right iTunes should register in restore mode but your screen should be black.

You only need to use this if you trying to restore with jailbreak on your phone already. If no jailbreak you can just backup and click the restore button in iTunes.

dcharleyultra likes this.
    12-26-2013 08:30 AM
    Yeah , even I jailbroaken successfully but nothing is working at all.
    12-26-2013 08:43 AM
    Updated original post

12-26-2013 09:32 AM
    Holding sleep and home when plugged into iTunes is just a restore not DFU mode. DFU will not show a plug into iTunes. DFU is press and hold sleep for 3 sec, still holding sleep and press and hold the home buttons for 10 sec. Then release the sleep but still hold the home for about 30 sec. If done right iTunes should register in restore mode but your screen should be black.

You only need to use this if you trying to restore with jailbreak on your phone already. If no jailbreak you can just backup and click the restore button in iTunes.

Well Rene's article says something different holding the home button sleep button then release the sleep after 10 sec then the home button after an additional 5 but I could never get it the phone would always reboot. The way I explained worked like a charm and I was able to restore to 7.0.4.

12-26-2013 12:29 PM
    Well Rene's article says something different holding the home button sleep button then release the sleep after 10 sec then the home button after an additional 5 but I could never get it the phone would always reboot. The way I explained worked like a charm and I was able to restore to 7.0.4.

Neither of you really have the correct timing, but he was closer than you were.

He was also correct about the screen display. You will get an all-black screen while in DFU mode. What Rene helped you get into was just restore mode. If it worked for you, great. But, it wasn't DFU mode.
    12-27-2013 12:26 PM
    An updated is available for the untether package for people that jailbroke with evasi0n7 1.0

iOS 7 jailbreak is here-imageuploadedbytapatalk1388196760.537024.jpg

12-27-2013 09:13 PM
    Click link in my signature for step by step guide to dfu mode
    12-27-2013 09:27 PM
    Rejailbreak with Evais0n 1.0.1 and no animation lag also only reason for me to due so bitesms 8.0 beta out. Very nice on my iPhone 5

12-28-2013 10:13 AM
    Added more info to original post.

Time to undo the Jailbreak.
    12-28-2013 12:52 PM
469 ... 1011121314 ...