Show me where Verizon's T&C as presently written has been found in violation of any law and/or rendered null and void.
    As to unlimited data users, someone would have to sue verizon or file a complaint with the FCC for that to happen. No one has so far and I am unwilling to do it as the real issue is DOES VERIZON HAVE TO OFFER UNLIMITED DATA AFTER YOUR CONTRACT EXPIRES? I believe the answer to that question is No. So I don't want to push the envelope on this because once a contract expires, they don't have to renew it and that alone could cause the loss of unlimited data.

However, as long as we do have unlimited data, they can't restrict our use of tethering apps on their 4G LTE network as per the terms of their block c licenses. But once our contracts expire, they can eliminate unlimited data for us.

Just to reiterate - as long as Verizon offers me unlimited data, they can't stop me from tethering on their block c spectrum. HOWEVER, once my contract with them expires, they can eliminate my unlimited data plan. They have never done that, though, so I am happy to stay a verizon customer.

So far, Verizon has decided to avoid the negative publicity that would occur if they eliminated unlimited data plans. Instead, they are using carrots to entice people off of unlimited data - subsidized phones and the Data Max plan. Pretty soon very few of us unlimited data plan owners will exist due to these carrots and they are banking on that.
    12-23-2013 11:20 PM
    And so far i havent heard VZW losing a whole lot of cases on this exact subject. They probably have a bigger legal staff than you.
    You haven't heard of them winning any cases. You'd have heard of them losing a rather large case if you paid attention. You can see either of the links I offered Keith.

I'm not on the grandfathered plan. I'm on the plan that offers tethering for free. It's the plan Verizon came out with around the time of the lawsuits they lost. Apparently, the FCC has a bigger legal staff than they do by your logic.

You only think it sounds like hacking because you haven't the slightest clue what hacking is. You probably think downloading an app from that China app store is hacking as well.
    12-23-2013 11:21 PM
    Verizon to stop blocking tethering apps, settles with FCC for $1.25 million
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57484000-38/verizon-to-pay-$1.25m-fcc-fine-forced-to-allow-tethering-apps/
    They are not blocking the apps they are blocking the tethering. Talk about my reading comprehension, from the blurb you posted:

Though it's not explicitly stated, we assume that means those of you lucky enough to be grandfathered in to the unlimited data plans are left out.

Which is what I was saying all along. Unlimited data plan users are required to pay a fee to tether. If you read my posts.
    12-23-2013 11:23 PM
    None of you worms are going to convince each other about the data plans and laws.

Furthermore, you have no respect from those not participating in the thread hijacking.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    12-24-2013 12:05 AM
    None of you worms are going to convince each other about the data plans and laws.

Furthermore, you have no respect from those not participating in the thread hijacking.
    There is nothing to respect about someone who calls legitimate posters worms.

Shoo fly.
    12-24-2013 12:09 AM
    There is nothing to respect about someone who calls legitimate posters worms.

Shoo fly.
    You could of made a new thread about it, but then again I wasn't expecting this many posts about it.

For the record I don't care about how you use your device, I cant stop you from doing so.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-24-2013 12:25 AM
    Can somebody update the thread title please. I just wasted 15 minutes of my life I can't get back reading about tethering.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    Garz, rgm1266 and kataran like this.
    12-24-2013 01:25 AM
    Can somebody update the thread title please. I just wasted 15 minutes of my life I can't get back reading about tethering.

Amen
    12-24-2013 02:35 AM

Or move all that nonsense to a new thread. This thread was supposed to be about the iOS 7 jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-24-2013 05:03 AM
    Or move all that nonsense to a new thread. This thread was supposed to be about the iOS 7 jailbreak.

Seriously yo, this thread majorly derailed LOL.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    12-24-2013 05:23 AM
    As to unlimited data users, someone would have to sue verizon or file a complaint with the FCC for that to happen. No one has so far and I am unwilling to do it as the real issue is DOES VERIZON HAVE TO OFFER UNLIMITED DATA AFTER YOUR CONTRACT EXPIRES? I believe the answer to that question is No. So I don't want to push the envelope on this because once a contract expires, they don't have to renew it and that alone could cause the loss of unlimited data.

However, as long as we do have unlimited data, they can't restrict our use of tethering apps on their 4G LTE network as per the terms of their block c licenses. But once our contracts expire, they can eliminate unlimited data for us.

Just to reiterate - as long as Verizon offers me unlimited data, they can't stop me from tethering on their block c spectrum. HOWEVER, once my contract with them expires, they can eliminate my unlimited data plan. They have never done that, though, so I am happy to stay a verizon customer.

So far, Verizon has decided to avoid the negative publicity that would occur if they eliminated unlimited data plans. Instead, they are using carrots to entice people off of unlimited data - subsidized phones and the Data Max plan. Pretty soon very few of us unlimited data plan owners will exist due to these carrots and they are banking on that.
    What they can get you for is hacking into their system to avoid paying charges per their terms and conditions.

Is it likely to happen and can it happen are two different things. Threads like this on the internet, which expose a loophole in systems, where certain people get something for free by hacking their phones, cause these providers to initiate clamp downs to eliminate loopholes when there are enough subscribers circumventing the system resulting in loss of revenue.

Take ETFs as one example. If verizon eliminates unlimited data you think subscribers will leave en masse for tmobile or sprint or art?
    Last edited by i7guy; 12-24-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    12-24-2013 05:55 AM
    What they can get you for is hacking into their system to avoid paying charges per their terms and conditions.

Is it likely to happen and can it happen are two different things. Threads like this on the internet, which expose a loophole in systems, where certain people get something for free by hacking their phones, cause these providers to initiate clamp downs to eliminate loopholes when there are enough subscribers circumventing the system resulting in loss of revenue.

Take ETFs as one example. If verizon eliminates unlimited data you think subscribers will leave en masse for tmobile or sprint?
    Seriously these posts need to be moved to another thread.

If you forgot this thread is about the iOS 7 jailbreak and not the FCC or Verizon's policies on using a workaround to get unlimited tethering.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    sherlock likes this.
    12-24-2013 05:57 AM
    Saurik has just put out an update for cydia

thatgirl87 and DayThyme like this.
    12-24-2013 08:33 AM
    Info about the cydia update:

iOS 7 jailbreak is here-imageuploadedbytapatalk1387892198.382504.jpg

TaylorSmith4519 and DayThyme like this.
    12-24-2013 08:37 AM
    What is iOS 2-7?
    12-24-2013 08:51 AM
    What is iOS 2-7?
    He means iOS 2 to iOS 7

12-24-2013 08:52 AM
    so if I'm understanding correctly, there's no benefit to jailbreaking our ios 7 device yet? given that cydia won't work?
    12-24-2013 08:54 AM
    so if I'm understanding correctly, there's no benefit to jailbreaking our ios 7 device yet? given that cydia won't work?
    No,currently there arent really any benefits with nothing being functuonal i dont reccomend jailbreaking.Wait a week or two and then jailbreak.
    TaylorSmith4519 likes this.
    12-24-2013 09:03 AM
    thanks! XOXO
    12-24-2013 09:05 AM
    For those wondering what cydia looks like after the update:

iOS 7 jailbreak is here-imageuploadedbytapatalk1387893997.166194.jpg

thatgirl87 and kataran like this.
    12-24-2013 09:06 AM
    Per the consent decree, Verizon agreed not to block native tethering if you are on a tiered data plan. You should be able to tether on Verizon using your 2GB plan without jailbreaking.
    How would I do it though? I get the warning that I have to call Verizon to set it up on my account when I try to use it. I called Verizon before when I first say the ruling and they told me that I still had to pay. I argued with them about the ruling and they said no way. I don't see anyway to do it without jailbreaking my phone.
    12-24-2013 09:58 AM
    For those wondering what cydia looks like after the update:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387893997.166194.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	44898

Looks awesome. Can't wait for Mobile Substrate to get updated next. Then I'll jailbreak.

12-24-2013 10:00 AM
    Looks awesome. Can't wait for Mobile Substrate to get updated next. Then I'll jailbreak.

You can jailbreak if you want I just don't recommend installing any tweaks yet. My 5S is jailbroken and runs fine with no tweaks installed.

12-24-2013 10:02 AM
    For the record the notifications bug I mentioned earlier I just found out I forgot to setup my notification after restoring *self-faceplam*

kataran likes this.
    12-24-2013 10:06 AM
    How would I do it though? I get the warning that I have to call Verizon to set it up on my account when I try to use it. I called Verizon before when I first say the ruling and they told me that I still had to pay. I argued with them about the ruling and they said no way. I don't see anyway to do it without jailbreaking my phone.
    I will start a new thread on this.
    12-24-2013 10:46 AM
469 ... 910111213 ...