iOS 7 jailbreak is here

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs

Compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad models running iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6

IMore how to article:
http://m.imore.com/how-jailbreak-your-iphone-or-ipad-running-ios-704-evasi0n

Notice: Apple has released a new iOS version which patches this jailbreak. The signing window for iOS 7.0.X is closed

Changelog

1.0.7: fix problem where bundled repository package information could not be refreshed/updated by Cydia, updated bundled Cydia package lists
1.0.6: support for iOS 7.0.6
1.0.5: support for iOS 7.0.5
1.0.4: security fix: kernel payload now restores sysent table, security fix: code fix for bootstrap Cydia tar files verification
1.0.3: updated bundled Cydia, now double checking hfs modifications (for the iPad Mini Retina Cellular reboot loop issue), support for iOS 7.1beta3
1.0.2: fix for the iPad 2 wifi reboot loop
1.0.1: TaiG is not bundled and not installed anymore with evasi0n7 in chinese language operating systems

Notes:
- If you updated your device to iOS 7 using OTA (over the air) updates, the jailbreak most likely will get stuck on the apple boot logo (some people have had success according to reddit but only if you restored to iOS 7 at one point and then did an OTA update). iOS 7.0.X is not being signed anymore.

- there is an issue with the iPad 2 and iPad mini with retina display when jailbreaking, the evad3rs team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix *update: evasi0n 1.0.3 has fixed issues with the iPad 2, ipad mini retina still has problems.

- iOS 7.0.5 is only available for select iPhone 5C & 5S models (China & select European/Asia pacific models)

- There has been reports of evasi0n7 1.0.8 causing boot loops, this version is no longer on the website, use evasi0n7 1.0.7

Update 1 (December 23th, 2013 12:20 AM eastern time): Do to the events that happened throughout during the day, this is now a use at your own risk jailbreak. I recommend jailbreaking a device that you don't use often to test tweaks as they are updated.

Update 2 (December 23, 2013 9:01 PM eastern time): So based on the posts on reddit from planetbeing & saurik the jailbreak is safe to install and DOES NOT install the Chinese App Store for non-Chinese users. Also it has been comfirm that there is no trace of the Chinese app being installed on non Chinese user devices (I can also confirm this). There was also reports of data being sent out this has also been proven wrong (I can also confirm this). Also the team apparently hasn't gotten paid yet. This info can be taken with a grain of salt.

This jailbreak is now use at your own risk.

*Cydia has been updated for iOS 7 support.
*Mobile substrate has been updated for iOS 7 & arm64 and renamed to cydia substrate.
*substrate safe mode has been updated to be "safer" on iOS 7 & ARM64.

Tweaks that haven't been updated for iOS 7 may not work properly or at all.

For those with A7 devices (iPhone 5S, iPad air & mini with retina): all tweaks that rely on cydia substrate might not work. Just remember that even-though cydia substrate is updated for iOS 7 & arm64 support, tweaks still have to be updated to support arm64 on A7 devices.

> last edited April 26, 2014 <

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw the news on modmyi. I just updated my phone to iOS 7.0.4 now. Jailbreak time! What an amazing Sunday. Merry Christmas! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to wait about a month and see/read how this jailbreak is. Does jailbreaking void the warranty?

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Would love to try it, but I still can't SYNC my iPhone5 thru iTunes or icloud. anyone else still having issues or a fix?

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to wait about a month and see/read how this jailbreak is. Does jailbreaking void the warranty?

Only if you take it into an apple store jailbroken. If you have to take it in to an apple store restore it first (which you should do anyways before you take it in)

r5murphy

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else getting a message saying evasi0n 7 cannot be opened because of a problem. To check and make sure
it works with my version of Mac OS X. I checked and my version 10.6.8 is OK but now I'm stuck.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Even if I was interested it's best to wait a week or two. With 7.1 coming this seems an odd time to rush it out.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
"If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen