How to restore jailbroken ipad mini to ios 6?

lexus232

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I did some search on google and imore forums but still havent figured out how to restore jailbroken ipad mini running ios 6.1 to ios 6.1-6.1.3? So in a nutshell what I am looking for is removing a jailbreak and wiping user data. Is it possible? As far as I understand restore via itunes offers me to restore and upgrade to ios 7 at the same time, thats not what I need.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I did some search on google and imore forums but still havent figured out how to restore jailbroken ipad mini running ios 6.1 to ios 6.1-6.1.3? So in a nutshell what I am looking for is removing a jailbreak and wiping user data. Is it possible? As far as I understand restore via itunes offers me to restore and upgrade to ios 7 at the same time, thats not what I need.

Download the firmware you want here: iPhone, iPod, iPad and Apple TV Firmware Download . Make sure that you download the software that's made for your iPad. Tell me if you want me to run you through the process of restoring.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Instructions for Restoring

Connect your iOS device to your computer
Select the device in iTunes
On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Restore”
On a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Restore”
Select the IPSW file you downloaded and select it
Sit back and relax while the device is restoring​

lexus232

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Instructions for Restoring

Connect your iOS device to your computer
Select the device in iTunes
On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Restore”
On a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Restore”
Select the IPSW file you downloaded and select it
Sit back and relax while the device is restoring

Sorry I am a complete noob when it comes to Apple. Didn't expect it to be that easy. :) Thank you!
I will report how it went once restore is done.

lexus232

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Restore didn't succeed. It halted in the beginning with iTunes displaying Error 3194. :(
And now ipad is tuck on connecting to itunes screen.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
First the iPad mini can not be restored to any version of iOS, only the latest version using iTunes. Second it's not possible to restore and remove the jailbreak and stay on iOS 6. It is possible to remove user data and keep the jailbreak on iOS 6. But what your asking for you can not do with the iPad mini. If you want to remove the jailbreak and user data your only choice is to restore to iOS 7 or stay where you are.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

lexus232

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
First the iPad mini can not be restored to any version of iOS, only the latest version using iTunes. Second it's not possible to restore and remove the jailbreak and stay on iOS 6. It is possible to remove user data and keep the jailbreak on iOS 6. But what your asking for you can not do with the iPad mini. If you want to remove the jailbreak and user data your only choice is to restore to iOS 7 or stay where you are.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
That sucks. How can I wipe all user data in such case?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal