HELP siri is gone on jailbroke iphone5

dramey86

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
okay here's the store its my fault, i jailbroke the phone with the 6.1.2 version of the jailbroke come out and siri has worked but wouldnt open apps or anything she would do other things like find places for me but wouldnt launch apps at all like facebook

i did some research and downloaded ifile and deleted the things they told me to and it never worked so last night i got bored and got on cydia and downloaded siriport 6.1.2 and didnt realize it was for iphone 4 now siri doesnt work and i deleted it and it took siri away completely is there anyway possible to get siri back without restoring the phone?

if i have to restore how do i keep my jailbreak and contacts and pixs thanks

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Just make a back up of your phone in iTunes and that will save your pics, data and contacts. Its HIGHLY advised if you are not familiar with jailbreaking and modding to stay away from iFile. As you have already found out, you do more harm than good. Your only option now is to use iLex-rat in Cydia or dl Semi-restore to restore your iPhone and preserve your jailbreak.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
okay here's the store its my fault, i jailbroke the phone with the 6.1.2 version of the jailbroke come out and siri has worked but wouldnt open apps or anything she would do other things like find places for me but wouldnt launch apps at all like facebook

i did some research and downloaded ifile and deleted the things they told me to and it never worked so last night i got bored and got on cydia and downloaded siriport 6.1.2 and didnt realize it was for iphone 4 now siri doesnt work and i deleted it and it took siri away completely is there anyway possible to get siri back without restoring the phone?

if i have to restore how do i keep my jailbreak and contacts and pixs thanks

First of all, Welcome to iMore!!!

It seems to me that the apps you downloaded from Cydia hadn't been updated in a while and they disabled your Siri capabilities. I've been in the same boat and the only solution is to restore your iPhone, since you said you already deleted the apps and you're still having an issue. To keep your pics and contacts after restoring, you need to make sure they're saved to iCloud then they'll download once you log into your restored iPhone with your Apple ID. As far as keeping your jailbreak, you won't be able to. You'll have to re-jailbreak your phone.

Even though jailbreaking is a great option for customization, please remember we do it at our own risk. Sometimes things work the way they're intended and sometimes things get broken beyond repair. Just be mindful of the risk each time you jailbreak or download a jailbroken app. I always make sure I have money in the bank so if need be, I can just go out and buy a new phone.

I know this may not be the best solution, but hopefully it will help a little. ENJOY!!!!

dramey86

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
cccccbb
Just make a back up of your phone in iTunes and that will save your pics, data and contacts. Its HIGHLY advised if you are not familiar with jailbreaking and modding to stay away from iFile. As you have already found out, you do more harm than good. Your only option now is to use iLex-rat in Cydia or dl Semi-restore to restore your iPhone and preserve your jailbreak.

i heard about this semi restore does will this delete all my tweaks? and photos and contacts and i thought when u jailbroke a phone that itunes wont support contacts or is this not true

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the added info. I wasn't aware of those particular apps...never took the time to do the research since jailbreak only takes a couple of minutes.

dramey86

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all, Welcome to iMore!!!

It seems to me that the apps you downloaded from Cydia hadn't been updated in a while and they disabled your Siri capabilities. I've been in the same boat and the only solution is to restore your iPhone, since you said you already deleted the apps and you're still having an issue. To keep your pics and contacts after restoring, you need to make sure they're saved to iCloud then they'll download once you log into your restored iPhone with your Apple ID. As far as keeping your jailbreak, you won't be able to. You'll have to re-jailbreak your phone.

Even though jailbreaking is a great option for customization, please remember we do it at our own risk. Sometimes things work the way they're intended and sometimes things get broken beyond repair. Just be mindful of the risk each time you jailbreak or download a jailbroken app. I always make sure I have money in the bank so if need be, I can just go out and buy a new phone.

I know this may not be the best solution, but hopefully it will help a little. ENJOY!!!!

thanks and how do i keep myphone from updating so i can re jailbreak it

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
thanks and how do i keep myphone from updating so i can re jailbreak it

Again, use Semi-restore or ilex-rat to restore you iPhone AND preserve your jailbreak. It is like a restore thru iTunes except it keeps the same iOS and perverse the jailbreak; meaning, keeps Cydia on your phone. You will have to add your tweaks again once it's restored. Do your research first before adding tweaks or making changes to avoid future issue. Make sure what you're adding is compatible with your iOS and phone

dramey86

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Again, use Semi-restore or ilex-rat to restore you iPhone AND preserve your jailbreak. It is like a restore thru iTunes except it keeps the same iOS and perverse the jailbreak; meaning, keeps Cydia on your phone. You will have to add your tweaks again once it's restored. Do your research first before adding tweaks or making changes to avoid future issue. Make sure what you're adding is compatible with your iOS and phone
i appreciate it so your're sure ill get siri back by doing this and its not a issue to re download everything ill just have to write all my tweaks down lol and thanks for the fast response im not to to dumb about things but i just dont no everything about ifile and restoring to a curtain point and keeping my jailbroken phone i wanna get the new iphone 5s and do a ipod touch thats jail broke i only like it for the movie app and unlimted pandora love the free movies

dramey86

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
so i did the ilexi restore and keep the jailbreak but siri is not there! its like its a iphone 4 with voice control thats it and its a iphone 5 any suggestions if i can download siri? or will i now be forced to update my phone to ios7?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You have to restore now. That's the only way. You can update to iOS 7 and jailbreak now. You better hurry because iOS 7.1 is going to patch the exploit and it's releasing soon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner