Any legit sites to unlock Bell iPhone 4 & up

swade86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello, recently a friend of mine received a Bell iPhone in Jamaica but it's locked to the network. Is there any legit websites you can recommend to get it unlocked and is it for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a crap shoot. I'd first attempt to notify Bell Wireless and explain the situation to them and ask them to unlock it for you. If they refuse, see if a local carrier can unlock it at a reasonable price.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a crap shoot. I'd first attempt to notify Bell Wireless and explain the situation to them and ask them to unlock it for you. If they refuse, see if a local carrier can unlock it at a reasonable price.

I can say right now the original owner has to be the one to contact bell to unlock it. And for costs, if it's out of contract the original owner can unlock it for $50 if not then it's any outstanding costs + unlocking fee then the tax (13%). Legit 3rd party unlocking sites are going to be $100+.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
iPhones are stupid expensive to unlock... however try cellunlocker.net, as I have unlocked multiple blackberries from there and got my unlock code seconds after

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Cellunlocker.net has always provided fast service when unlocking my Android/Blackberry phones. I haven't used them for iPhones as yet though, so I can't comment on their service for them.

For my iPhone 5S, I used Chronic Unlocks. It was pretty expensive, and the service has been terrible. They quoted 2-3 business days for the unlock for a Rogers 5S, but ended up taking close to 12 business days. I'd asked for a refund after about 10 days, since I no longer needed the unlock (already traveled and returned) and have now filed a dispute with PayPal. Trying to connect up with their customer service has been terrible too - no one responds to any email sent to their CS department, and one of the few times I heard back from them was when I filed the dispute. My unlock mysteriously appeared a few hours after I filed the dispute..

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Cellunlocker.net has always provided fast service when unlocking my Android/Blackberry phones. I haven't used them for iPhones as yet though, so I can't comment on their service for them.

For my iPhone 5S, I used Chronic Unlocks. It was pretty expensive, and the service has been terrible. They quoted 2-3 business days for the unlock for a Rogers 5S, but ended up taking close to 12 business days. I'd asked for a refund after about 10 days, since I no longer needed the unlock (already traveled and returned) and have now filed a dispute with PayPal. Trying to connect up with their customer service has been terrible too - no one responds to any email sent to their CS department, and one of the few times I heard back from them was when I filed the dispute. My unlock mysteriously appeared a few hours after I filed the dispute..

I thought that iPhones didn't use unlock codes. Don't the unlockers just tell Apple to remove it from a database. Then you connect to iTunes and the iPhone gets unlocked.

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought that iPhones didn't use unlock codes. Don't the unlockers just tell Apple to remove it from a database. Then you connect to iTunes and the iPhone gets unlocked.

Correct, no "codes" required. And no need to connect to iTunes these days either. It's all done OTA.