Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on VZW 4s (no saved SHSH/APTicket)

anontemp123

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
First, does the iPhone 4s have only one firmware? I can't seem to find different firmwares for CDMA and non-CDMA phones.

Now the main question: I have a jailbroken iPhone 4s running 5.1.1. I never saved SHSH for this device. Now I wish to restore 5.1.1. If I understand correctly, I can use iFaith to extract SHSH blobs and APTickets from the device, upload those to Cydia, and then use something like Tiny Umbrella to restore the device.

Is that correct? Or does that only apply to limera1n-exploitable devices (i.e., iPhone 4 and earlier)?

Also, will sn0wbreeze allow me to create signed IPSWs for this purpose such that I don't have to use something like Tiny Umbrella to serve up blobs/tickets?

anontemp123

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
These two tools don't do a true restore. I was looking to put the device in DFU and do a "real" restore.

Also, Preserving the jailbreak isn't important for me. I just mentioned I had it jailbroken in case that gave me more options..

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Then without having saved your blobs while apple was still signing them, you cannot do a true restore to 5.1.1.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can only extract shsh blobs for the versions of ios that are currently being signed by apple. You will not be able to get the 5.1.1 blobs now. Your only option for a true restore is the current version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73