My iPad is still jailbroken. The only tweaks I have are the WebGL enabler and the one that lets 3rd party apps use the Nitro JS engine rather than the slow version that they're forced to use by default.

My phone on the other hand, I ditched the jailbreak as soon as I saw the first iOS 7 beta. I don't honestly think there's anything that it needs from a jailbreak at this time.
    11-22-2013 09:53 AM
    There is no jail break because there is no reason to do it anymore, it's not that's impossible to do, there is simply no demand for it.

Couldn't be further from the truth
    Rockdog97, redbeard and rosenstar like this.
    11-22-2013 11:53 AM
    I can't say I don't miss being jailbroken, but I just don't care much anymore. Before, I would follow the status of the jailbreaks religiously and as soon as it became available, I was on it like white on bread. Now, if it comes it comes, if it doesn't, oh well....
    11-22-2013 01:13 PM
    I don't even care anymore.
    11-22-2013 02:56 PM
    I can't say I don't miss being jailbroken, but I just don't care much anymore. Before, I would follow the status of the jailbreaks religiously and as soon as it became available, I was on it like white on bread. Now, if it comes it comes, if it doesn't, oh well....
    This is pretty much how I feel these days.
    11-23-2013 07:56 AM
    Couldn't be further from the truth
    Then, where is the jailbreak? I should have said that it was the way I feel, not that there is no actual demand for it, but, it seems that, with iOS 7 and all it's goodies, people just don't care that much anymore about messing with their devices because they are satisfied (most of them) with what they have, at least that's the way I perceive it and I include myself in that list.
    11-24-2013 06:54 PM
    Then, where is the jailbreak? I should have said that it was the way I feel, not that there is no actual demand for it, but, it seems that, with iOS 7 and all it's goodies, people just don't care that much anymore about messing with their devices because they are satisfied (most of them) with what they have, at least that's the way I perceive it and I include myself in that list.
    Jailbreaks commonly take months of work before they appear in public...iOS 7 is still a very new OS. Remember, iOS 6 was released in September (just like iOS 7)but the evasi0n jailbreak wasn't released until the following February.
    11-25-2013 12:49 AM
    I don't really see a reason to jailbreak, personally.
    11-25-2013 03:36 AM
    But to be honest, I personally don't like that look at all. iOS 7 looks a lot better to me. Even when I had my jailbroken iPhone 4, all I used were tweaks. I don't ever get themes because I think they just look tacky. The tweaks are awesome and I can't wait for the jailbreak for iOS 7. I can only imagine all the cool little things we'll be able to do. But if you like it, awesome. It's your phone.
    I agree with you.
    11-25-2013 05:21 AM
    I quit jailbreaking after iOS 5. The features I used to jailbreak for had already been mainline into the OS, and I just didn't see the point anymore.
    11-25-2013 07:43 AM
    Personally, I can't wait for a jailbreak to be released. BiteSMS alone was a good enough reason for me to be jailbroken.
    yzjustdatguy and nikkisharif like this.
    11-25-2013 08:45 AM
    You perceive it because you don't understand it. On older devices, there was a bootrom exploit. That made new nailbreaks much easier to complete. The exploit allowed jailbreakers to inject code before the os had the chance to enable security features, including the sandbox.

Apple encrypts and hides the bootrom to take this ability away. This leaves jailbreakers looking for a series of bugs to exploit to gain access to the phone. The problem with needing a group of bugs to gain access is Apple doesn't need to fix them all to break the method being used. You can see this with 6.1.3. They fixed enough such that it broke evasi0n, but not so much that the older devices couldn't still run the semi-tethered jailbreak.

As the new iOS is released, bugs get cleaned up. Code isn't completely rewritten with each new iOS. This means fixing the bug in iOS 5 often means the bug won't reappear in iOS 6 or 7 etc. This reduces the area one can find bugs. Functionality that has existed has been scoured by both apple and jailbreakers. Useful bugs are less likely to exist in these areas. That doesn't mean they can't. Look at evasi0n using the area media is transferred to as an example. It just means if there are any useful bugs, they won't likely exist in updates.

All of this means it's more difficult to jailbreak each new iOS. You can't simply claim it takes longer so therefore nobody is trying. It SHOULD take longer. As far as demand, the iOS 6 jailbreak took roughly five months. How many millions downloaded it in the first 24 hours? That's a good indication that a long time to jailbreak isn't representative of limited demand.

I'm curious what your perception is based on. It's certainly not founded on an understanding of either demand or process.
    rdiddy_25 and redbeard like this.
    11-25-2013 10:41 AM
    In addition to the other replies, don't forget that the devs that put together a jailbreak are doing this is their free time. They, mostly, aren't paid. Sometimes real life gets in the way of them working on it.
    yzjustdatguy likes this.
    11-25-2013 10:57 AM
    I agree with you.
    Themes are just not my thing. Now, when I had android phones I would get some themes sometimes. But, I would take them off pretty promptly.
    11-25-2013 03:43 PM
    Themes are just not my thing. Now, when I had android phones I would get some themes sometimes. But, I would take them off pretty promptly.
    Yea, android had too many themes and launcher options. You could spend hours setting up a new theme and then realize you don't like the launcher and then start all over with a new launcher. It got to be too much. Sometimes less is more.
    11-25-2013 05:45 PM
    Yea, android had too many themes and launcher options. You could spend hours setting up a new theme and then realize you don't like the launcher and then start all over with a new launcher. It got to be too much. Sometimes less is more.
    It's always nice to have the option to customize in my opinion
    Rockdog97 and redbeard like this.
    11-25-2013 08:21 PM
    It's always nice to have the option to customize in my opinion
    It's nice but to a point it's over helminthology like the number of tablets Samsung sell I tried to buy one and I got so confused

-Yar I be a Pirate according to Phil and Co. At AndroidCentral because I run 10.2.1 and sideload
    Darryl Brian likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:24 PM
    I'm still running iOS 6 on my 4s and it's jail broke. For me there are just too many things I love about my jailbreak to even consider upgrading to ios7.. Until a J/B comes out for ios7, I'm sticking with my jailbroke 4s...

A lot of what iOS7 tries to do, a good jailbroke app blows the door off of anything iOS7 does... Notification Center in iOS7? what a joke... But to be honest, there are a lot of features I do like about iOS7, but none of them as a whole are compelling enough to give up my jailbreak.
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 11-27-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    11-25-2013 11:43 PM
    I'm still running iOS 6 on my 4s and it's jail broke. For me there are just too many things I love about my job to even consider upgrading to ios7.. Until a job cones out for ios7, I'm sticking with my jailbroke 4s...
    I'm curious about what you run tweak-wise...I thought I had a lot with my jailbreak setup, but I took the plunge to iOS 7 (after running it for a bit on my Mini) and have been shocked at how little I miss. The big ones for me have largely been replaced/replicated by stock elements now:

-Bulletin (or Lockinfo, IntelliscreenX, etc) = Notification Center at lock screen now built in
    -Quick toggles for frequently used settings = Control Center
    -More icons per screen = unlimited apps in folders
    -Swipe gestures in apps = now built in Back and Forward in Safari

Which is not to say there aren't things I miss: SwipeSelection (for better editing via the iOS keyboard) and Quick Reply/Quick Compose (especially from lock screen) are sorely missed. But a lot of the things I thought I absolutely had to have turned out to be things I only liked to have. And for me, the new design of iOS 7 has been such a breath of fresh air that iOS 6 now feels woefully out of date when I see it on other devices.

So anyway, I'm curious: what do you find essential enough that it keeps you from upgrading?
    11-26-2013 12:14 AM
    Very much agree. BiteSms is probably primary reason I would jailbreak & will jailbreak if/when available.
    11-26-2013 01:13 AM
    I am still in absolute love with my jailbroken iPhone 4S. Now granted, this was my first iAnything so my first jailbreak ever. I love the freedom to do whatever I want (pretty much) with my phone. My swipe to unlock says "ALHOMORA!!"...I dig that. I call my phone WhiteGirl and I have WhiteGirl instead of Sprint on the status bar.

Outside of those geeky cosmetics, Activator and BiteSMS are the tweaks/apps that truly keep me on my jailbroken device. The other tweaks I have installed have been implemented into iOS7 but without those 2 awesome additions...my phone would not be the same enjoyment it has been for the past several months. I love it.
    11-26-2013 02:22 PM
    I'm curious about what you run tweak-wise...I thought I had a lot with my jailbreak setup, but I took the plunge to iOS 7 (after running it for a bit on my Mini) and have been shocked at how little I miss. The big ones for me have largely been replaced/replicated by stock elements now:

-Bulletin (or Lockinfo, IntelliscreenX, etc) = Notification Center at lock screen now built in
    -Quick toggles for frequently used settings = Control Center
    -More icons per screen = unlimited apps in folders
    -Swipe gestures in apps = now built in Back and Forward in Safari

Which is not to say there aren't things I miss: SwipeSelection (for better editing via the iOS keyboard) and Quick Reply/Quick Compose (especially from lock screen) are sorely missed. But a lot of the things I thought I absolutely had to have turned out to be things I only liked to have. And for me, the new design of iOS 7 has been such a breath of fresh air that iOS 6 now feels woefully out of date when I see it on other devices.

So anyway, I'm curious: what do you find essential enough that it keeps you from upgrading?
    As I updated/edited my original post, things that I dont see in IOS7 (which I gave up my jailbreak that I had on my Mini to go to iOS7) are things like the notification center (which I find is pretty weak and non-customizable); the control center, while nice, is locked and you can't make any changes to the layout.

Other apps like pandora downloader, songza downloader, the ability to change icons, icon sizes, etc (well everything that is Springtomize)...iFile, BytaFont, Intelliscreen, Auxo....

these are just some of why I will keep my jailbreak and wait for an iOS7 j/b...

Like I said, there are a lot of nice features of iOS7, but taken as a whole, not enough to make me switch..
    11-27-2013 05:32 PM
    I quit jailbreaking after iOS 5. The features I used to jailbreak for had already been mainline into the OS, and I just didn't see the point anymore.
    You may not, but others do.

I miss Iconoclasm and Gridlock the most. I hate having to put my icons where Apple wants them rather than where I want them. I also miss my iWidgets.
    12-03-2013 10:41 AM
    I miss Gridlock and some personalizing tweaks..
    Also iCleaner to disable some battery draining daemons to get better battery life.

But iOS 7 makes it easier to live without a jailbreak for me, because of the notification and control center and the better UI.
    12-03-2013 10:46 AM
    biteSMS.
    12-03-2013 11:40 AM
64 123