iPhone 5: Sprint to Verizon?

montexooma

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm a Verizon customer. I sold my iPhone 5 to T-Mobile customer in August. I know the Verizon 5 is unlocked, and his tmo Sim worked fine.

I have a chance to buy another iPhone 5 from a friend now on Sprint. I was under the impression that all iPhone 5's were unlocked, but when searched google, I got all sorts on conflicting information. Could someone here clarify?

If I put a Verizon LTE Nano Sim into a Sprint iPhone 5, will it work?

Thank for your your help! :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. If I pay one of those outside services to unlock it, would it work on Verizon then?

Even if that did work... the legacy CDMA parts of the phone are "locked" to Sprint... and Verizon can not/will not be able to make use of it.

montexooma

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Is jailbreaking the phone an option to have it work on the Verizon network or no?

Apologize for all the questions. Just trying to figure out if there is absolute any method to have this work. Haha.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can ask the question in as many ways as you'd like.

I'm sorry. It's not possible.

Something you CAN try. I've seen people claiming they didn't have the GSM locked. Try borrowing a SIM card from someone you know on AT&T or T-Mobile. The CDMA model included some GSM bands. You may be able to go that route instead. You'd want to check the tech specs to see if the GSM/LTE bands you're wanting to use would still work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77