I'm trying to buy an unlocked iPhone online to flash over to Tmobile. The website I'm looking at buying it from has several service options- Verizon, sprint, AT&T, tmobile....and some of them don't say any given service. I was wondering if it had to say Tmobile, and also if it's even possible to flash an unlocked iPhone over to tmobile
    10-17-2013 07:04 AM
    For a GSM network like tmobile, there is no such thing as "flashed". What you probably need is an unlocked phone. But without knowing which iPhone you are looking at, it is impossible to know whether it will work with tmobile. If it's a 5S, the ATT or Verizon or tmobile variants will work provided they are unlocked (Verizon and tmobile always are, ATT would be be purchased from Apple for full price).
    10-17-2013 07:15 AM
    I'm trying to get the 4. So I just buy it unlocked then what? Who do I talk to in order to make it work with tmobile?
    10-17-2013 07:24 AM
    If it's a 4 and unlocked, then you just need the appropriate tmobile sim for it.
    Robyn Faith Clark likes this.
    10-17-2013 07:58 AM
    I'm trying to get the 4. So I just buy it unlocked then what? Who do I talk to in order to make it work with tmobile?
    Like Karen said, you'll need an unlocked iPhone 4 or one locked to tmobile. To clarify the remainder of her comments, this means you cannot use sprint nor Verizon. Those are CDMA models that aren't compatible with tmobiles network.

If you find an AT&T for cheap, it's possible to unlock it, but that typically will set you back another $20 or so.

If its unlocked or set for tmobile, you need to talk to tmobile about getting a sim that fits. That's really all there is to it.
    Robyn Faith Clark likes this.
    10-17-2013 10:53 AM