Phantom App Store Unpdates

gregski

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the rollout of iOS7, I have been getting these mysterious update notifications on my jailbroken iP5 running iOS6. A few times a day the app badge shows 5 or 6 updates in the App Store, but when I check, there are none. Then when I actually do have an update, it will read, for example, 7 items, but really there is only 2 updates. After I check, the badge disappears, only to reappear later. It's just a nuisance more than anything. Anybody else experiencing this? Or know how to make it stop?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tap on purchases in the updates tap in the App Store and look for any apps that say update next to them.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Very much annoying. What's odd is this didn't happen when IOS 6 rolled out. I wonder if that's because developers were slower to require ios6 or if the App Store didn't bother flagging uninstallable updates back then.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the rollout of iOS7, I have been getting these mysterious update notifications on my jailbroken iP5 running iOS6. A few times a day the app badge shows 5 or 6 updates in the App Store, but when I check, there are none. Then when I actually do have an update, it will read, for example, 7 items, but really there is only 2 updates. After I check, the badge disappears, only to reappear later. It's just a nuisance more than anything. Anybody else experiencing this? Or know how to make it stop?

I get the same thing, but I just thought it was for those apps that I modified the actual file language (using iFile) so that no updates would be pushed to my phone, such as with Pandora, or DirecTv... but now I see that it's not that after all.. and yes, it's annoying..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2