iPhone 4S - stay on 6.1.3 or go to ios7

brandonc_48

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys and gals. Here's my story. I have a iPhone 4S that was jailbroken on 6.1.2. Well I started having issues with my wifi and Bluetooth. Tried everything from resetting the network settings to doing the semi restore. Instead of digging deeper and researching I just accepted the fact it was a jailbreak/software issue. So I updated to 6.1.3 :(

After updating I immediately saw that it did not fix the problem!!! So I did what I should have done to begin with and researched the problem. It turns out its a common issue. Somehow the solder breaks from the chip and causes the no/intermittent wifi and Bluetooth.. Much like the PS3 YLOD/Xbox 360 RROD issue. Well I took that "fix" and reflowed the wifi chip with my heat gun. Surprisingly it worked! 3 weeks now and still working without a problem

Although it was a fail on my part I'm actually getting better battery life so I marked that as a win. My question now is should I stay on 6.1.3 and hope for a JB or go ahead and update to iOS 7?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
There is no plan for a jailbreak on 6.1.3. You may as well update to iOS 7, but if you do, I recommend doing it through iTunes as a full restore.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
In the future, boot into safe mode. That'll let you know if you have a jailbreak app causing the problem. It will help you avoid restoring to find out such sad things.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well there may be a 6.1.3 jailbreak coming. The 6.1.3/4 untethered jailbreak has already been achieved (just google you'll find the articles) and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you see it soon since so many of us dislike iOS7.

It's really up to you. iOS7 has it's downsides, but so does waiting for a jailbreak.

brandonc_48

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree on the downsides for iOS 7. I updated even though my gut was telling me no. My battery life went to way south and it's freezing up constantly almost like it runs out of ram even though I kill prior apps. My wife's 4 is doing the same. Even after multiple clean restores. If things don't clear up with the next update I may be finding a new device. I hate to say it but it may not be a iDevice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner