Did you ditch your JB for iOS7? What do you miss, if anything?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The main reason I jailbroke my 4S was to enable the personal hotspot (since I'm still on the original AT&T unlimited data plan. Just got a 5S, and although I rarely used the hotspot, I do miss having that option. Def miss the ability to customize my icon layout, and to move multiple apps into a folder at once. Love the 5S though, and iOS 7 is growing on me.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
WAIT. WHAT????

Yep. They added so much of my lock screen needs that it made sense, and I wouldn't be happy skipping such a major iOS revision for long anyway.

My only real concern is not being able to create/test any new Cydia packages of my own.

Last edited:

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on 6.1.2 jailbroken. Am running a bunch of iOS 7 themes so it looks like iOS 7 so I'm used to the look when I upgrade. I'm looking forward to upgrading but honestly want to wait till the first few 7.X.X updated go down as history has shown.

I love my ifile abilities. It's such a compelling feature to be able to maintain/send/save files/media/documents from the file system not app specific. The only other thing I love on my Jailbreak is having my old arcade and console roms. Nothing like a quick game of Mario World or Donkey Kong Country to make me smile :)

Plus living in Australia and knowing iTunes radio is not available yet on IOS7 as a paid iTunes match subscriber is disappointing ATM so I'm in no rush to lose my Jailbreak yet.

I have 2 iPad mini's (one of them I won from iMore) so I may upgrade one of them to IOS7 to check it out?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yep. They added so much of my lock screen needs that it made sense, and I wouldn't be happy skipping such a major iOS revision for long anyway.

My only real concern is not being able to create/test any new Cydia packages of my own.

the lockscreen situation still kind of sucks from a privacy standpoint. i wish you could hide alerts on the LS but still see them when you pull down the NC (via LS)

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I really only miss lock screen options that came with ISX. Nice to be able to collapse items and messages + was great for quick reply. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with stock iOS 7 and I'm definitely happy with better stability. My camera would sometimes become unusable with the JB. I only hope Apple spends some time really turning NC into a much more powerful feature than it currently is. The appearance overhaul was nice though.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Lol. I didn't even have the jailbreak. I miss iOS 6.1.3 since it had less reports on the diagnostics screen. Now I'm on iOS 7.0.2. Can't wait for iOS 7.1. I was waiting for iOS 7.0.2 thinking it will mix major bugs but it only fixed the lock screen error which was only for the iPhone not my iPod Touch 5th generation. Can't they release major but fixes?

Don't forget it hit the thanks button!!! Or the like button.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did but the only thing I was jail broken for was to be able to use the mobile hotspot feature with PDA net. I went ahead and upgraded . I found a prepaid mobile broad deal at Walmart that is good enough

SlydWyz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I had my 4s pretty tweaked out, and had even permanently replaced a ton of folders within the phone's hierarchy to my liking. With iOS 7, the only things I really miss are iFile, BiteSMS, Accelerate, and Nitrous. I decided to ease the pain of missing those things by getting a 5S, and sadly, I still feel that the phone desperately needs Bite and Accelerate at the very least. The animations are still far too slow for my liking.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen