Update to IOS7 via OTA while jailbroken

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Am I able to update to IOS7 via OTA while jailbroken? It keeps saying "searching for updates" and never prompts me to upgrade to IOS7. If not, do I need to just connect it to my PC and launch Itunes, then update that way?

Thanks

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Am I able to update to IOS7 via OTA while jailbroken? It keeps saying "searching for updates" and never prompts me to upgrade to IOS7. If not, do I need to just connect it to my PC and launch Itunes, then update that way?

Thanks
Can't upgrade when jailbroken.

ipad2user

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you found a way to restore your tablet? Have the same problem now. Didn't know i shouldn't upgrade iOS via OTA when your ipad is jailbroken. Mine is Ipad 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ipad2user

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Please help! I have the same problem singdreams has. Been on the internet for 3 nights and still no solution. My ipad 2 is stuck in recovery mode. I have tried using tinyumbrella and i cleaned my host file to no avail. Any advice?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Please help! I have the same problem singdreams has. Been on the internet for 3 nights and still no solution. My ipad 2 is stuck in recovery mode. I have tried using tinyumbrella and i cleaned my host file to no avail. Any advice?

If you have another computer with iTunes on it, use that one to restore your iPad

Casey333

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have iTunes on another computer and I'm having trouble figuring out how to restore my iPhone from iTunes on my computer. Would you mind explaining in more detail how to go about doing this? I don't care if my phone is no longer jailbroke.

Thanks!!!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have iTunes on another computer and I'm having trouble figuring out how to restore my iPhone from iTunes on my computer. Would you mind explaining in more detail how to go about doing this? I don't care if my phone is no longer jailbroke.

Thanks!!!

You may need to perform a DFU Restore:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is already showing the "Connect to iTunes" screen, please go to step 5.

Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch until step 3.
Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
While pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The device should turn on.
Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:

Note: If the image of a battery appears, let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some charge, and then start with step 2 again. If you don't see the Connect to iTunes screen, try these steps 1 through 4 again.
iTunes should automatically open and display the following message:

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

Note: If iTunes not open after two minutes, please open iTunes yourself.
Use iTunes to restore the device.

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

I hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73