Reverting back after iOS 7 install question

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I just want to make sure my thinking is correct. If I follow the steps to save my BLOBS, I can revert back to iOS 6 even after Apple stops signing the software version?

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I just want to make sure my thinking is correct. If I follow the steps to save my BLOBS, I can revert back to iOS 6 even after Apple stops signing the software version?

Yes you should be able to downgrade later as long as your BLOBS are saved properly and since iOS 6 is currently signed you don't need to worry about it not being signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Great thanks! Must I be jail broken to save these blobs? I have just tried TU and nothing was saved inside the the .shsh library.

No you don't have to be jailbroken.
You can try this method, I use this one a lot, www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02/02/how-to-save-shsh-blobs-for-ios-6-1/ or this method, it uses RedSn0w, http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=16990 I recommend that you use the Tiny Umbrella method, I know you said that you tried Tiny Umbrella but this method goes more into detail.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4 will be the only one that can downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6 with saved SHSH blobs, all other devices that are updated to iOS 7 will be stuck on iOS 7

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes you should be able to downgrade later as long as your BLOBS are saved properly and since iOS 6 is currently signed you don't need to worry about it not being signed.

Please be more responsible while giving advice.

The bootrom exploit in iPhone4 means there will definitely be a way to downgrade the iPhone4. The proc used in the iPad2 and iPhone4s had some downgrade abilities, but the rules were very strict. Neither were able to downgrade from iOS6. The only options were downgrades within iOS 5.

The newest two iPads and iPhone 5 were never hacked to downgrade.

Offering a blanket "yes" isn't accurate. If the original poster has anything other than the iPhone 4, you most likely just caused a great deal of future frustration. It's ok to not know the answer. If you don't, wait until someone else comes around to handle it. If you know the answer, take care to be specific. The first step to take in this particular post is to ask what hardware they have. Without that, you can either post the long drawn out information I just posted or you cannot answer definitely with a yes or a no.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW