Oh boy. This one's got me in a cold sweat.

Being the ***** I was, I hit "Erase All Content and Settings" on a jailbroken iphone5 running 6.1.2.

THEN I see, after 15 minutes, what an ***** I was.
    My power button is broken, and I can't hard reset.
    I'm in desperation. Someone please help! *sob*
    09-16-2013 05:16 PM
    Thread moved to the Jailbreak forum for better exposure.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-16-2013 06:06 PM
    Let it die.
    Plug it back in.
    Restore.
    09-16-2013 06:33 PM
    If its an iPhone 5 it's under warranty stillhave you considered getting it replaced?
    09-16-2013 10:36 PM
    If its an iPhone 5 it's under warranty stillhave you considered getting it replaced?
    Well he can't really use Apple's warranty as a back up plan, to my knowledge, because once he had jailbroken his device he voided the warranty on it. Honestly the way i see it is that you have two ways to fix it, one is send it to a third-party company and get it fixed there or open it up and see if any of the wires need any soldering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-17-2013 06:56 AM
    Well he can't really use Apple's warranty as a back up plan, to my knowledge, because once he had jailbroken his device he voided the warranty on it. Honestly the way i see it is that you have two ways to fix it, one is send it to a third-party company and get it fixed there or open it up and see if any of the wires need any soldering.

If it's a hardware issue it should still be fixed under warranty even if jailbroken.
    09-17-2013 07:49 AM

If he's in a bootloop, no way for Apple to know he jailbroke it so they will attempt to restore it there for him or replace the device
    09-17-2013 09:26 AM

Hardware would still be replaced.

How would they verify the jailbreak if they can't see anything because it's in a bootloop?

The "voided warranty" is lip service at this point as it can't be enforced.
    09-18-2013 08:13 PM