How to remove jailbreak and cydia and get back on to stock ios6

Ahmed Faiz

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can someone guide me how to get back to stock ios6 so that I can wait for the ios7 update in the system itself by 18th.
Step by step instructions would be great.
Help, thanks in advance :)

N⁴| PA3.99 |FRANCO r182 |V4A

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Back up info through iTunes or iCloud. Plug phone into computer. Click restore in iTunes. Wait. Restore data from step 1. That's it.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want a "tool kit" to restore? Are you unable to use iTunes?

Last I checked, redsn0w wasn't working with the newest iOS versions so you can't use that. Perhaps snowbreeze will let you. But, it's not productive to do any of that.

Just get iTunes and restore. That's how you get stock. You can't update to anything other than the newest.

Realistically, there's no real need to get back to iOS 6 prior to installing iOS 7 next week. You remove a jailbreak by restoring to a factory iOS. You can go through the hassle to restore to iOS 6 and then restore to iOS 7 later or you can just skip the intermediate step and restore to iOS 7 next week when it's available.

Ahmed Faiz

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I will wait till 18th try the ios7 update with the jailbreak and cydia. Hope it's gone get updated. Thanks

N⁴| PA3.99 |LINARO FRANCO r182 |V4A

JamesRoy

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a jailbroken iPhone 5. My new gold, 64gb 5s is being delivered tomorrow. My computer has been busted for weeks so my phone is my primary "computer." I need to transfer all my vids, pics, etc. Whats the best way to do that? (I have access to a friends iTunes to backup, etc.) Do I just backup in iTunes, plug in new 5s, and restore from backup? Or backup, plug in new 5s, setup as new device, then restore from backup. I don't want to drag needless jailbrake files over, or screw up the new phone. Any help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2