Activate / Jailbreak iPhone 2g with broken Power Button

CashMyCheck

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.

I have two old iphone 2gs that I like to use as ipods. One of them has a broken power button (so i can't enter DFU). I had it jailbroken and working but decided to go from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 hoping for some increased battery life. Unfortunately, the custom firmware I create to put the phone in DFU mode resulted in error, and now im on 3.1.3 with no activation. Ive tried using redsn0w and sn0wbreeze but cannot plug my iphone in while it is turned off to jailbreak it!!!!! SO frustrating. Even if I let the battery die and turn off my laptop then plug it in, when I power on my computer the iphone boots up automatically stopping me from entering dfu via firmware or jailbreak , etc. Can anyone think of a work around?

Otherwise ill just be stuck using iFunBox to add / remove music files like a thumb drive, but that is not very efficient.

CashMyCheck

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Crap! That is what I was thinking... I had sbsettings prior to use as my power off/lock button. So there is no way to activate this phone and get it past the home screen? I have an iphone 4 on ATT also but the sim cards are different so I can't just insert it. If I can get past the activation screen and restore in itunes, I can then enter DFU, and jailbreak successfully. Any tools to just activate? Will ATT do it for me? I never should have updated it >,>

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Like Keith said, no work around since its a hardware NOT software issue. And FYI, they make SIM card adapters for the micro sim the ip4 has.

CashMyCheck

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
So I can take the phone to ATT store with my iphone 4 and have them activate it, or get this adapter to put iphone 4 sim card in iphone 2g?

CashMyCheck

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Fixxed it. Endless searching of my issues led me to apply pressure on the corner while pressing the button, and miraculously it worked. I even got my other one with broken usb port to start charging / connecting to itunes again. Both are jailbroken and happy now. That sim converter looks sweet! Im gonna have to try to make me one of those.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal