Very sad Iphone3GS

Iphonegal

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone can help me?
My friend gave him his old Iphone3GS 16g 2 years ago and I had it jailbroken at a kiosk - they installed Cydia etc v4.3.3 and everything was working fine until today.
As I was syncing with Itunes...I got all these Cydia messages tell me my phone was unstable etc and I had a few options to upgrade:broken-heart::broken-heart::broken-heart::broken-heart::broken-heart: including temporarily ignore..I pushed this button and then the phone started loading all this info...

Could get my network so I went back to the kiosk..paid $30 - lost all apps, photos, music, ical and they downgraded the phone to 4.1!!! So I can't even sync with itunes anymore? They told me 4.3.3 is no longer available? Is this true? The phone works and the wifi but I have no access to my stuff anymore?

What do you recommend? Do I have to buy a new phone? Can this be fixed?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..I'm heartbroken!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone can help me?
My friend gave him his old Iphone3GS 16g 2 years ago and I had it jailbroken at a kiosk - they installed Cydia etc v4.3.3 and everything was working fine until today.
As I was syncing with Itunes...I got all these Cydia messages tell me my phone was unstable etc and I had a few options to upgrade:broken-heart::broken-heart::broken-heart::broken-heart::broken-heart: including temporarily ignore..I pushed this button and then the phone started loading all this info...

Could get my network so I went back to the kiosk..paid $30 - lost all apps, photos, music, ical and they downgraded the phone to 4.1!!! So I can't even sync with itunes anymore? They told me 4.3.3 is no longer available? Is this true? The phone works and the wifi but I have no access to my stuff anymore?

What do you recommend? Do I have to buy a new phone? Can this be fixed?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..I'm heartbroken!

Stop paying people to jailbreak. You're paying them to use a program that is downloaded for free.

Everything that was lost, is lost. If you had a backup in iTunes, you can try to restore the backup and see what will come back.

If you'd like to know what you can upgrade to, download redsn0w. Dev-Team Blog has a link to both windows and mac versions in the first post. You'll want to choose extras, shsh, query, and if your phone is plugged into the comp it'll enter the ID for you. This will ask Cydia's servers which versions of iOS it can help you upgrade to. With that list, let us know what you have.

Iphonegal

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I just went to another store that unlocks phones and was told I am screwed unless I buy a new phone.

He told me all IP3GS after upgrades must go back to BB 4.1..I risk losing all my itunes backups if I upgrade or my SIM for my phone..he also told me not to upgrade my Itunes (I am on an older version) as that too can wipe out all my favourites. Does that sound right?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you unlocked or just jailbroken? Unlocks let you use different SIMs. If that's the case, you'd need to preserve your baseband to upgrade to a different version if iOS.

Did you ever backup your phone in iTunes. Restoring a backup isn't the same as restoring the phone. You can restore a backup. Doing so has the potential to bring back whatever photos/etc were saved in your backup. Without knowing which SHSH blobs you have, I can't give you any more information. I told you how to find out in my last reply.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner