Phone 5 keeps crashing into Safemode.

kdiddy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Phone 5 keeps crashing into Safemode.

Here is a list of teaks/apps
adv- cmds, applist, appsync ios 6, apt 0.7(apt-key), auxo Beta, Barrel, Base structure, BigBoss Icon Set, BlurriedNCBackground,Bourne-Again AHell, BYA Redp Icons, bzip2, Core Utilities(/bin),Cydia Installer, Cydia Translations, Darwin Tools, Dater, Datpiff Mobile, Debian Packager, Debian Utilities, Diff Utilities,Evasion 6.0-6.1.2 Untether, Find Utilities, Five Icon Dock, Five Column SpringBoard, FlagPaint, Gawk, GNU Privacy Guard, Grep, gzip, HYI Repo Icons, iHacks Repos GUI, iKeywi, LZMA Utils, ManualCorrect PRO, Mobile Substrate,Nokia 3410 Ringtones, PAM(Apple), PAM Modules, pincrush, PreferenceLoader, Profile Dictionary, ProTUbe, Relaxing Tone, Repo Icon(Boerse), sed, shell-cmds, Stealth Cam, Substrate Safe Mode, system-cmds, Tape Archive, TetherME, TVLocker Pro, UIKit Tools, vShare, WinterBoard, Zypher

Any help is greatly appreciated

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
What was the last tweak u installed before the crashing began? Start deleting 1x1 to figure out which app is causing the crash

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You should install CrashReporter and Syslog so you can get a report of what happens when things crash.

In the meantime: is there a particular time that it crashes? Like every time you open the multitasking tray, or when you get a new message alert, etc?

Finally, I'll just say this: stop using ihacksrepo or anything on it.

kdiddy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It crashes mainly when i restart the phone. I don't ever remember opening an app and it ever crashing. I will get crash log so i may post on here. I will also uninstall from repo stated in last comment & see if this helps. Thanxs! Ill post asap.

pl0323

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Method #1: If you are simply stuck in Safe Mode then your solution is extremely simple. You will just need to launch Cydia, go into the Manage tab, then the Packages Section, find the Cydia tweak or tweaks that are giving you issues and uninstall them. Once they are uninstalled you can respring your device and it should be back to its normal Jailbroken state again.

Method #2: For those of you who are in reboot city and can’t get out of a boot loop there is actually a solution to the problem thanks to a recent update to Mobile Substrate from Saurik. When your device is rebooting hold down the Volume Up button and doing this will essentially cause Mobile Substrate to be disabled, which in-turn kills all of your tweaks temporarily. You can then launch Cydia, go into the Manage tab, then the Packages Section, find the Cydia tweak or tweaks that are giving you issues and uninstall them. Once this is complete reboot your device and make sure it reboots into a normal Jailbroken state again.

Method 1 or method 2 should allow you to fix most issues caused by a bad Cydia tweak installation. I know method 2 has saved me many times. Let us know if you have any other suggestions in the comments section.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Method #1: If you are simply stuck in Safe Mode then your solution is extremely simple. You will just need to launch Cydia, go into the Manage tab, then the Packages Section, find the Cydia tweak or tweaks that are giving you issues and uninstall them. Once they are uninstalled you can respring your device and it should be back to its normal Jailbroken state again.

Method #2: For those of you who are in reboot city and can’t get out of a boot loop there is actually a solution to the problem thanks to a recent update to Mobile Substrate from Saurik. When your device is rebooting hold down the Volume Up button and doing this will essentially cause Mobile Substrate to be disabled, which in-turn kills all of your tweaks temporarily. You can then launch Cydia, go into the Manage tab, then the Packages Section, find the Cydia tweak or tweaks that are giving you issues and uninstall them. Once this is complete reboot your device and make sure it reboots into a normal Jailbroken state again.

Method 1 or method 2 should allow you to fix most issues caused by a bad Cydia tweak installation. I know method 2 has saved me many times. Let us know if you have any other suggestions in the comments section.

And yet, neither of those methods really address his question. By providing a list of apps, he had obviously thought about method one. As he was able to get into cydia, method 2 isn't the answer.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Y'all remember that really awesome post I made a while back about how to troubleshoot jailbreak problems? Someone should link it now. Id do it myself, but im apparently too lazy

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner