My iPod is stuck on the Apple logo. Please help

asdupo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So my iPod is jailbroken. But it was slow and I wanted to start off new again. So I decided to go to the settings and press on "erase all content and settings". And I was sure that I wanted to do this. So I left it there for it to do it's thing, I wasn't concerned. Then I woke up the next day and saw that it was still on the loading screen. I still wasn't concerned and thought it was still loading. Later I thought something wasn't right so I went online to see the problem. And it turned out I can't erase the data of a jailbroken iPod. I did some of the steps like going into DFU mode and all of that but I can't. It just stays on the apple logo. I thought that i didn't do it right so I retried multiple times. But no matter what, it won't change from the apple logo. Please help.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hold the power and home button until it forces a restart. If that doesn't set you up into a place where you can get into DFU mode, let the battery drain. You'll need to get to DFU mode.

Once you're there, you can plug into iTunes and run a full restore. It appears you've already learned the lesson the hard way, but never hit that while jailbroken. Cydia offers a free tweak called "ResetAllKiller" You should install that after a jailbreak to remind yourself not to tap that. It will disable the "Reset All" button.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hold the power and home button until it forces a restart. If that doesn't set you up into a place where you can get into DFU mode, let the battery drain. You'll need to get to DFU mode.

Once you're there, you can plug into iTunes and run a full restore. It appears you've already learned the lesson the hard way, but never hit that while jailbroken. Cydia offers a free tweak called "ResetAllKiller" You should install that after a jailbreak to remind yourself not to tap that. It will disable the "Reset All" button.

Should make a sticky for thy tweak all by itself, would save ALOT of time and headaches for a lot of folks. Still don't understand why people do that, jb's have been around for so long now that's its a given to NEVER hit that button. Smh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro